Chapter 29

Working with Jimin is not as easy as it was in the beginning. After a while of tolerating each other's mistakes and ideas, we began to bicker more often about different proposals and offers from different companies. The arguments would never get too out of hand since we knew that it only wasted our time.

"Jimin, Mr. Lee came in and asked for your signature on a contract for the building on the east side of the city," I say as I toss a small packet onto his desk. He doesn't look up from his computer and continues typing.

"Ok I'll check it when I'm done," He says as he cracks his neck to the side.

I yawn as I take a seat at my desk and stretch out my arms. This job is pretty tiring. I can't imagine what Jimin had to go through working by himself with only the occasional help from Sunjin. I run a hand through my hair as I look through the papers on my desk. So many men asking for so many things, they couldn't be more greedy, I think to myself. As I pick up my pen to start writing something down, Jimin groans and leans back in his chair.

"You know what we need?" He asks.

"Another assistant?" I scoff looking back down at the papers.

"A vacation," Jimin sits up and starts searching for something on his computer.

"Jimin, it's only been about a week since I've started working here, don't you think it's too soon?" I say shaking my head.

"We've never been on one together, haven't we?" He says clicking his mouse.

"No, I guess we haven't, but now?"

"Ah, here," He says gesturing towards his computer. I sigh and walk over to his desk. I lean over by his side looking at the screen. On it is a very fancy hotel room, with the destination in the corner reading Tokyo, Japan.

"Japan?" I ask as I look at him with my eyebrow raised.

"Think about, just for a few nights. We can explore the city, go to an onsen, and even go to Disneyland," He says in a tempting voice. I bite my lip at the idea. I have always wanted to go to Japan, especially the Disneyland there. I've always wanted to see the beautiful country-side and its marvelous views.

"I mean, I guess it's not so bad of an idea," I said tilting my head. Jimin jumps from his desk and grabs my hands.

"So we'll go?"

"Sure," I smile as he jumps up and down like a child and quickly books the room.

"I'll book the flights for tonight," He says, his gaze on the screen. As he finalizes the purchase, he looks back up at me. "Let's go pack some stuff and go to Japan!"

The airport is busy, even at this late hour. Jimin and I wear masks to cover our faces to not get recognized but others. Jimin wears a cap as well, concealing his eyes as well. He is more known than I am, but I'm not complaining. We board our plane, sitting onto our seats in first class. The flight attends send many glances at Jimin, probably slightly recognizing him, and whisper to each other. I look out the window at the night sky. He grabs my hand and slightly squeezes it reassuringly. This flight will luckily be a short one, and if it was any longer, I might have ripped the mouths off of the flight attendants for whispering quite loudly about Jimin and me.

As we were driving to our taxi in a cab, I watched as many lights flashed past us. The city was alive and busy even at twelve in the morning. While my gaze was out the window, Jimin took hold of my hand. I turned my head to look at him, as he placed a kiss on my forehead. The car eventually pulled up to a tall building that looked luxurious. Two valet boys came and opened the doors for us and took our luggage. Jimin and I held hands as we walked into the building.