Chapter 30

"Omg, we have to ride this one Jimin!" The night shines brightly with all of the many lights from the park. Jimin and I spent the whole day going on many different rides and eating a lot of food. I pull Jimin by his arm over to the side as I watch people go speeding past on an incredibly fast rollercoaster.

"I'm not too sure about this one," Jimin says backing away slowly from the fence. He's not one for intense rides, unlike me.

"Please, it'll be so much fun! I promise you'll love it!" I beg, tugging at his sleeve.

"How about, we go play some games?" He says slowly pulling me away.

"What games?"

"Well," Jimin knows that I have a short attention span and begins to walk me over to some game booths where some people are playing. "It'll be like last time," He turns at me and smiles. The memory from when we went to the Pier with the guys and Mina return and I smile. "I'll win you something."

I chuckle as I link arms with him. "I might be the one winning you something."

We walk up to a game booth where you have a mini shotgun and you have to shot at the moving targets. "Well, let's see who'll win this time," I say smirking as we both pick up a gun. A bell rings, signaling the start of the game as he snorts.

It's a close call, but Jimin ends up winning this game. The worker hands him a large Stich plushie. "Here," He hands the plushie to me instead. "Make sure to take good care of our baby."

I laugh as I hold the plush as if it were a baby. "I'll take great care of it, don't you worry."

We laugh together as we make our way back to the entrance. It's already really close to closing time, so there aren't a lot of people walking around. Jimin kept his arm around my waist as we walked, and I'd occasionally catch him staring at me.

"You know, if you have a crush on me, you might as well tell me."

Jimin fakes a gasp, putting his hand to his mouth. "Me? Have a crush on you? Never," I chuckle as he kisses my forehead.

A car pulls up to meet us as we get to the parking lot. The driver gets out of his seat and walks over to the side to open the door for us. Jimin nods at him as we get in. Before we left, Jimin requested that someone picked us up and took us to the hotel. Lately, he's been very cautious in the things we do. Even now, he'll continuously eye the driver and the route on his GPS to make sure that we were still headed to the hotel. I place my hand over his, reassuring him. He smiles at me but only moves closer and continues to look out the window.

We eventually make it back to the hotel without a problem. I throw my shoes off right as we enter our room. "Ugh, I'm exhausted.

Jimin locks both of the locks on the door before following me into the bedroom. I make my way into the bathroom for a shower. "Mind if I join you tonight?" Jimin calls from the room.

I chuckle, "I'm afraid not tonight. Just need to rinse off," I hear him whine slightly before I close the door to the bathroom. After I had finished, I wrapped myself in my towel before walking into the bedroom. The tv is on at a low volume and the blinds are closed with the thick curtains. I look over to see Jimin passed out on the bed with his shoes and clothes from today still on. I smile to myself as I change quietly. Jimin shifts in his sleep while I pull off his shoes and socks.

I cover Jimin with the blanket as I slide in beside him. He rolls over to me and places an arm on top of me, pulling me close. I kiss him before drifting off as well.

A ringing sound wakes me from my sleep. I groan as I look over at the clock that reads two am. I pick up my phone and see that it says unknown caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Jisoo," A gruff voice answers.

I sit up and look over at Jimin who's still fast asleep. I quickly get up and walk into the living room and close the bedroom door behind me. "Who is this? And how do you have my number?"

"That's not important right now. What's important is that I know where you are with Jimin right now." A chill runs down my spine as I sit down onto the couch.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Well, you of course."

"And why would you want me?"

The man on the other line chuckles. "Well, first of all, you are very important to Mr. Park, and having you will make him do anything to get you back."

"What are you-"

"Remember how your father was always gone on business trips?"

"Y-yes."

"He never told you why exactly he would leave so often for these 'business trips'?"

My mind begins to race. He always did leave a lot and wouldn't tell us any details about it other than the city he went to and that it was for work. He never did tell me what he did, just that he was some sort of tradesman. A gasp suddenly escapes my mouth.

"So you've only just realized haven't you?" The man chuckles. "Yes, your father is one of the co-founders of our company."

Everything makes sense now. All of the arguments my mom had with my dad when they thought I was asleep, my dad always being gone on "business trips", my dad being secretive about his job. I never put much thought into because when anybody would ask me what my dad's job was, I'd just say that he was a businessman. So all of these years, my father has been apart, no, leading, an illegal business. My hands began to tremble as the thought slowly creeps in.

My dad is a criminal.

"What a perfect match you two. Both come from fathers who were criminals. Isn't that nice?" the man on the other side bursts out laughing. "It's exactly like a romance movie and it makes me sick. Now," The man stops laughing and the line goes quiet for a second. "I need you to do me a favor."

"And what is that?" I ask, still shaken up by this epiphany.

"I need you to come meet me at a secret location at 3 o'clock sharp, and we'll make a deal. You for the safety of Jimin."

"Nope sorry, I will not be making any deals."

"What?" The man on the other side sounds irritated.

"Didn't you hear me? I will not be so dumb as to fall for your stupid trick. So nice try, but I'm going back to sleep since you rudely decided to interrupt my sleep. So goodbye."

"Wait-"

I end the phone call before the man can reply. I stare down at my hands and think about what just happened. My dad... a criminal? It couldn't be possible. For so many years I've always thought my dad was a kind and loving father, but to know now that he has been doing illegal things for years now? Does that mean he was selling... drugs? How is this even possible? And my mom knew too but didn't ever do anything about it? Did she support it?

A headache begins to form at the center of my head so I shake my head to clear my thoughts. It's not easy though, as I lay back down beside Jimin in the bed, my head swirls with the thought.

My father... has been running an illegal business for years.

"Baby, Baby are you okay?"

My eyes slowly open and I see Jimin hovering over me. I rub my head as it still slightly hurts from earlier. As I'm wiping my head, my hand grazes my cheek and feels that it's wet.

"What's wrong?" I look up at Jimin whose eyes are filled with concern.

"I-I just head a bad nightmare," I wish that was why.

"Oh baby I'm sorry," Jimin pulls me into him, hugging me close against his chest. I wrap my arms around him as he slowly strokes my head.

I contemplate telling him everything from earlier in the morning. He tips his head down, kissing me gently on the top of my head.

"What do you wanna do today?" He asks as I pull away.

I smile and look up at him. "How 'bout we go to the countryside? Away from the city and people."

He smiles and kisses me. "Sure, if that's what you want to do then let's do it."