Chapter 31

The dust levels for today were pretty low so we were able to not wear our masks and enjoy the fresh spring air. We were nearly late for our train ride because Jimin insisted that we got some snacks and coffee for the ride. The scenery outside of our window is gorgeous, with tall green mountains towering in the distance and many rice fields span across the valley. From beside me, Jimin watches a movie on his phone with earbuds in. He offered me to watch with him but I told him I wanted to watch the scenery while listening to music instead.

I bit my lip, a feeling of guilt rising once again. A voice inside tells me I should just tell Jimin about the call that I had received, but another tells me not to, and that it'd only stress him out more. I eventually fall asleep, resting my head against Jimin's shoulder. After another hour, we finally arrive at the train station as Jimin carefully nudges me awake.

We grab our luggage and set off to our hotel. The hotel we are staying at his a high-class onsen, that only the higher class of people can afford. I asked Jimin if we could just rent a house, but he refused and wanted to be somewhere where it'd have better security. After changing and leaving all of our stuff in the room, we head out to go relax in the hot water. Jimin requested for the private suite, that allows us to have our own pool of steaming hot water. The entire place is very open with rocks lining the bottom of the pool and the view of the mountain from where we are is beautiful.

I slowly step into the water, adjusting to the hot temperature. "That feels so nice."

Jimin walks out of the room, closing the door behind him. He slowly steps into the pool as well, until both of us are fully in. We sit for a little while, chatting about different subjects, trying to avoid the subject of work as much as possible. I finished up my classes at university a while ago and was trying to think of some places I would want to work at. Jimin was, of course, opposed to the idea of me working anywhere else other than with him, but I knew I couldn't work with him forever.

After a while, we sit in silence and just enjoy the sounds of nature. As I lean my head back against a rock and close my eyes, I hear Jimin move closer to me. He pulls me into his lap and holds me close.

"I'm so happy to be here with you," He says quietly. His gaze moves down to my lips as he holds me closer to him.

"Me too."

Our lips touch lightly as my hands move up to his neck. The feeling of him and the quietness that surrounds us is something I'm so grateful to have. At this moment I feel safe. Safe in Jimin's arms and away from the city that threatens to tear us apart. I almost don't even notice when he carries me out of the water and into our room as the sun begins to set behind the mountain.

This is something that I want forever.

A call interrupts us unexpectedly. At first, Jimin ignores it, until the phone begins to ring again. Jimin groans in annoyance before leaning over me to the other side of the bed and answers it. I pull up the covers and carefully fix my hair.

"Yes, who is it?" He pauses for a moment as he listens to the other person. "No not now, I'm on vacation, call me back in two days." He hangs up and tosses his phone back onto the nightstand as he runs his hand through his hair.

"Just some stupid work stuff, now..." As he leans into me, a place my hand on his lips and pull myself up with the blanket.

"It's already eight o'clock, we should probably get something to eat," I say slipping on his shirt.

"Fine, but we have to finish this later okay?" He smirks, pulling me towards him.

"Of course, but I'm hungry so we should get something to eat before everything closes." Jimin nods before kissing me slowly a few times. I pull away first, sliding out of the bed and walking over to our suitcases to find an outfit. He watches from the bed as I put on a sweater and pulled on some jeans. I looked back over at him and snort as his smirk never fades. "Are you gonna just sit there all day or are you gonna get your butt up and change?"