Chapter 9

I tossed and turned in my sleep, I just couldn't sleep. My throat was dry, and I had a small headache. I decided to get up and go get a glass of water.

The kitchen was dark, but the city lights from outside illuminated the room. I filled up a glass with water and stood at the counter sipping the water.

A few minutes later, I heard someone come down the stairs. Jimin appeared in sweatpants and a hoodie.

"Someone couldn't sleep?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, my throat was dry."

"Or maybe it was because I wasn't there with you." He smirked.

"Hahaha funny but no. I'm guessing you couldn't sleep either?"

"No, I slept like a log until I heard you wake up."

"Right."

"Hey, Since we're up, I wanna show you something."

"It's ok. We should probably go back to bed." I put my glass into the sink and started walking over to the stairs when Jimin suddenly ran up behind me and scooped me up.  He started carrying me bridal-style to the elevator.

"Hey! What the heck!"

"I just want to show you something jeesh." He laughed.

We got to what seemed like the rooftop of the building. It was nicely decorated with a lot of furniture. There was also a pool with a jacuzzi. He carried me over to the far end where a big circle bed was. He plopped me onto the bed and sat down next to me.

"What are we doing here?

"Oh, just a sec."

He pulled out his phone and called someone.

"Hello? Ah yes 2 drinks of any sort to the roof please, thank you."

"We're here for the view."

The view from the top was magnificent. The city shined bright and spread out far with the mountains in the back. A few minutes later, a man came with a tray with two colorful drinks on it.

"Thank you. Here, they have awesome margaritas." Jimin handed me the blue one and took the red one.

"Jimin, I've been wondering this for a while." 

"Hm?" He raised an eyebrow as he was taking a sip from his drink."

"Do- do you like me?" 

Jimin's POV

I choked on my drink. 

I looked at her, as her eyes filled with questions. Not only that, but they glistened in the dark night. The light breeze made her hair flow slightly in the wind. Her lips were pink and I could almost imagine how soft they'd be on mine. Her skin shined against the city lights. She was like no other girl I've ever seen.

"Well do you?"

I gulped and took a deep sigh. 

"Jisoo, I- I love you." 

Just then a huge airplane flew overhead and I looked up to see it fly by.

"Wow, that was one loud and obnoxious airplane," Jisoo said watching fly off into the distance.

I smiled." Yeah quite loud."

"What did you say again, I couldn't hear you." 

"Oh um, no I just think that you're an amazing friend to me." I scratched the back of my head and took a sip from my drink.

"Oh ok."

We sat for a little while watching the city shine. Later, I felt a weight rest onto my shoulder. I looked over and saw that Jisoo had fallen asleep. I placed her head down onto the pillows and pulled a blanket over her. I smiled as I watched her.

She looks so peaceful right now.

I yawned and laid my head down on the pillow next to her.

Jisoo POV

I was a little cold because of a breeze in the air. I curled up into a little ball and snuggled my pillow.

When did it get so cold in my room? Did I open a window last night?

Just then, I felt a warm weight go over my waist and pull me in. My eyes shot open realizing that it was an arm.

I was shocked to see Jimin's face inches away from mine. His arm was around my waist holding me close to him. I sat up quickly taking in my surroundings. I remembered what happened last night and where I was.

Jimin stirred and slowly his eyes opened as well.

"Mm good morning."

"Jimin, what were  you thinking?" I asked hitting his arm.

"Ow, that hurt." He groaned clutching his arm and sitting up.

"Hey, I am not some pillow you can cuddle, and we're not dating!"

"Well you were shivering in your sleep and I didn't  want you to be cold." He replied scratching the back of his head.

"Still, you shouldn't be doing this." I got up and wrapped the blanket around me.

"I got to go. Class is in a few hours." I mumbled as I turned to leave.

"Jisoo wait. I'm sorry I just didn't want you to freeze, ok?" He said standing up.

"You could have given me another blanket or even woken me up and brought me inside."

"I'm sorry for caring about you. I wasn't going to do anything else. I guess you would have preferred to freeze then." Jimin raised his voice a little.

"All I'm saying is that I'm not comfortable with you doing these things okay? I'm not your girlfriend Jimin. When will you get that?"

I turned away and walked away from him. He started calling after me but I didn't turn around.

When will he understand?