Chapter 11

Mina exhaled sharply but got up from her bed to open the door. No matter how many masks he wore, she would have known Jimin's signature crescent eyed smile anywhere. "Holy shit," she whispered.

A deep laugh from behind him pulled her from her sudden stupor. "Might want to let us in," Taehyung said, " before someone recognizes us."

She nodded and stepped back out of the way for them to enter. "Care to let me in on what was so important you had to drive to my college and invade my personal space?" Just like that the switch was flipped. She pushed down all urges to fangirl on the spot.

Jimin pulled the black mask off his face and stuffed it in the pocket of his hoodie. "Well you're a bit hard to read over text."

"And distant," Taehyung added doing the same. "In person though.."

"It's easier to get direct answers," Jimin finished.

Mina glanced between the two of them. She was screwed. It was easy to brush them off over text. She could mute her phone, block a number, or even throw her phone out the window. In person though.. she doubted she could throw either of the two men out of her window. "Fine. You're already here. What do you want to know?"

Taehyung had busied himself looking around her room while Jimin found a spot on the bed meant for a roommate she didn't have. "Simple. Why did you block Jungkook?" Jimin asked.

"I told you already, I wanted closure," she said.

"From what?" Taehyung asked.

"A past friendship," Mina answered.

"The friend who caused you to no longer be an ARMY?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah, that one," she replied.

"What happened between you two?" Taehyung held a photo up by the edge between his fingers. It was taken outside her high school graduation with Sunny. The two had their arms around each other and were smiling up at the camera.

"Put that back," Mina directed quickly before replying to him. "We had a falling out."

"About?"

"Does it matter?"

"Obviously it involves us to some degree if blocking Jungkook gave you closure," Jimin interjected. He wasn't dumb. Her reaction to the photo alone showed him that there had been a big issue.

Mina rolled her eyes. It was obvious they weren't going to leave without an answer. As though to solidify her initial thought, Taehyung returned the photo before he sat beside Jimin on the bed and nodded towards hers.

She reluctantly did as he wanted and sat down across from them. "Fine. I'll answer you honestly but then you two leave. Deal?"

The guys looked at each other before nodding. "Sure, but we want the whole story and how it involves Jungkook. Or us," Jimin said.

Mina narrowed her eyes but gave in. She couldn't have two idols in her dorm room. Especially not them. It was just asking for a bigger mess that what had already happened.

"Throughout school I moved around a lot until high school because of my dad's work. He started an inn in Gwangju. It wasn't much but it was enough for us to get by. I started high school there and met Sunny. She was my first real friend," she paused to look up at them. Both guys were adamantly paying attention to every word.

"We were basically inseparable. We did everything together and really bonded over music, specifically you guys. We watched all your music videos together, listened to albums and even bought each other posters and stuff. So when it came time to graduate and pick a college, we applied to the same ones and both got accepted here in Seoul. Last year was our first year and we roomed together. Up until then neither of us had ever dated. Then she started to hang around with this guy, Jiyong, he was okay at best," she frowned. It was hard to find the right words without sounding bitter.

"Go on," Jimin encouraged.

"He was adamantly against pop music, especially boy bands. He said it was for teenage girls who were desperate and the never been kissed type. He started making fun of the posters on our walls when he thought I couldn't hear him. I heard Sunny telling him that they were mine one day. He asked how she could be friends with such a loser and she said it was because she felt sorry for me. All those years of friendship summed up just like that. She made me take the posters down that night because she said they were embarrassing for college students. We started to fight more. She started to hate me and have less to do with me. I clung to her because she was my first.." Mina stopped herself quickly.

"Friend. She was my first friend. So I let her bully me around him to make her look better. He basically told her it was him or me. She chose him. At the end of the term I applied for a single room and got it. I have my space and she has him," Mina shrugged as though she hadn't just vented the biggest embarrassment of her life. She knew she was going to look like just as much of a loser to them as she did to Sunny's boyfriend.

After a moment of silence Taehyung finally spoke. "So where is this guy?"

"Probably in Sunny's room," Mina said. She raised an eyebrow and waited for him to continue.

"Which room is that? He needs a nice bruised jaw for being such a.."

"TAE!" Jimin cut him off. "We did not come here for that. Though I do agree. Anyways," he turned his body back facing Mina. "You blocked Jungkook because he reminds you of the friendship you lost, yeah?"

Mina nodded her head slowly. She chose to ignore Taehyung's comment because she would happily have given him the room number otherwise. "Basically, yeah," she agreed.

"Right. But you do get that it wasn't his fault or ours, right?" Jimin asked.

Mina frowned. "I mean, yes. I get it but it's just a reminder, you know?"

Jimin nodded and looked like he was picking his next words carefully. "Mina, I think you should unblock him. You enjoyed our music once. There's nothing wrong with liking the things that make you happy. Besides, we've meet ARMY of all ages. Not just teenage girls. And he misses you."

"And it would make our lives easier," Taehyung shrugged.

Jimin playfully nudged him.

"Whatever, you know I'm right. All he does is mope around like someone stole his food."

Mina rolled her eyes again. She wouldn't admit it but it was nice to hear someone kinda take her side in the Sunny situation. "I guess."

"And move on from your ex friend. She sounds toxic," Jimin added. "We'll go now but please consider what we said."

The two wasted no time leaving her alone in her room. Her head was still filled with their advice. Before she could lose her nerve she sent a quick text.

Mina:
Hey..