Chapter 16

"Mina?" 

The voice calling her name rang out through the empty courtyard. She debated on not answering him but she didn't really have much of a choice unless she wanted to sleep outside. Which she obviously did not. She glanced around one last time in hopes of spotting at least one person, stranger or not, who could help her. No such luck. 

"Over here," she yelled back. 

Rounding the corner of her dorm building, Jungkook quickly spotted her. Her eyes widened by a fraction. From the white t shirt clinging to his body and the dark ripped jeans, she would guess she had caught him during dance practice. His eyebrows drew close together as he approached. "So you fell out the window, huh?" 

Mina held back  a scowl as she gestured to her swollen ankle that had started turning purple. "That's what I said, isn't it? Are you going to help me up or just stare at me?" 

It didn't occur to her that it was the first time he was actually seeing her, minus the two second FaceTime when they had first started speaking. It had been on his mind from the moment he stepped out of the car. How would he even know which girl she was? The problem solved itself when he realized she was the only person sitting outside. 

"I can do both at the same time," he said. He extended his hand to help her up. Her expression immediately shifted to one of pain the second her foot touched the ground. 

"Is there a clinic on campus or should I take you to the emergency room?" he asked. 

Mina shook her head to decline. "Neither. Just help me back to my dorm and I'll ice it. It should go down by the morning." 

Jungkook stared at her in disbelief for a moment. "You can't even walk on it. I can't just dump you in your room and wish you luck. Now answer the question or I'll take you to the ER." He dropped her hand and wrapped an arm around her waist to hold her up while she scowled up at him. 

"Listen here Mr. I'm-the-golden-maknae-and-perfect-so-I-can-do-what-ever-I-want, either help me to my room or put me back down and I'll call someone else." 

He tilted his head to the side and pretended to think it over. "I could just let go and watch you fall flat of your butt. Though since you did call me, I'm assuming you didn't have many choices, right?" 

He had her there. They both knew. Even the pesky branch that woke her up and led to her downfall, literally, knew it. She sighed heavily and dropped her head in defeat. 

"Campus clinic is closed on the weekends and it's Saturday," she said. 

Her reply was mumbled but he understood her. "ER it is. Come on, I borrowed a company car so you don't even have to wait for an ambulance." 

His attempt at a joke earned him another glare from the small woman beside him. "Let's just get this over with already." 

They had only taken a few steps when Jungkook grew tired of the slow pace. "Don't scream," he said before bending down and scooping her up in his arms. "You shouldn't be walking on that ankle anyways." 

Mina was indignant. "That's not for you to decide! Where did you get your medical degree, a cereal box? Put me down!"  

Jungkook smiled down at her but never faltered his steps as he carried her to the car. Her face had started to grow red and her arms were crossed in front of her like a pouting child. 

"Cute," he grinned. She refused to say a word as he opened the passenger door and sat her down. 

His face was centimeters from hers as he leaned down to buckle the seat belt around her. 

"I can do that myself." Her breath fanned across his face making him realize just how close he was to her. He pulled back slowly to look into her eyes when he heard a squeal. His head shot back up to spot a girl staring at her phone with her mouth open. She must have realized he saw her because she looked up at him. The light beside the camera lense lit up several times in rapid succession. 

She had taken not one but quite a few photos of him in what could easily be considered a compromising position. Her finger didn't leave the front of her phone even when he moved and revealed Mina's face below him. 

"Jeon Jungkook!" She screamed. 

"Shit," he whispered. 

"Double shit," Mina whispered. 

--------

AN: Not that long, I know! But things are getting messy!