Chapter 31

Mina was pulled back into a group hug. Her back was pressed against Jungkook, who had wrapped both of his arms around her. Jimin pressed into one side of her with Tae on the other side. They stood there quietly for several moments until Mina cleared her throat. 

"Listen guys, I appreciate the thought, really, but I'm fine," she assured them. 

"Who said this was for you?" Tae asked. 

"We just received devastating news," Jimin added. 

"The very worst," Jungkook whispered in her ear. "Imagine talking to someone for months only to find out they preferred your friend. Talk about confidence shattering." 

She snorted and pushed arms away from her. "Yeah, sure. Save the dramatics." She ran a hand back through her hair and awkwardly looked back at the Inn. "I guess you guys will need a room for the night..." she trailed off as Tae and Jimin were already ahead of her. 

"We'll get those booked. You two need to talk," Jimin winked at her and pulled Tae behind him into the front door. 

Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck. Once the other two were gone he wasn't sure what to say. "Mina..." he started. 

"I'm sorry," she interrupted him. "I'm really sorry. I should have heard you out. I should have let you explain. I shouldn't have rushed to conclusions but I did and for that, I'm sorry." 

His eyes softened as he looked down at her. She looked so small in front of him. Her hair was ruffled from her running her hands through it so much and the wind hadn't helped. There was a faint tint to her cheeks that he was sure was from a mix of the chilly air and embarrassment. "Don't apologize. I'm here now and so are you," he said. 

He reached out for Mina's hand and slowly brushed his thumb over her knuckles. "I didn't intend on us getting close. I thought  you were fun and I liked teasing you." He glanced from her hand to her eyes. "But you were just so intriguing. You captivated my attention and made me want to know more and more about you. See, I'm used to girls like Sunny. I'm so used to having them throw themselves at me and beg for my attention. But you? You weren't like that. You got my humor and matched it. I adored that." 

Mina sucked in a breath. The other two had insisted that it wasn't a drama but it felt like one. This was the part where he was going to confess his feelings, wasn't it? She leaned forward as she waited to hear it. 

"I guess what I'm saying is, you were so rude to block me." Jungkook dropped her hand and raised an eyebrow at her. "I mean who does that? Then you had a meme war with Tae, I love those! But nope, you did that with him. Then Jimin and Tae got to see you first. You ate Jin's cooking without me and now I find out you were Yoongi biased? Just stab me already, Mina," he screwed his face up like he was about to start crying. 

Mina couldn't stop laughing. The moment he stopped his little performance, she burst into laughter. Tears were streaming down her face. She was gasping for breath. Her hand met his chest and she reached out for something stable to hold on to. The firm solid surface snapped her back to her senses. 

She dropped her hand but smiled up at him. "I like you too, dork." 

Jungkook grinned and pulled her back in against him in a quick hug. He wrapped both arms around her back and held her snuggly against him. "Good, because I definitely like you." He dipped his head and pressed his lips against the top of her head. "Just don't block me again. I probably won't like you much if you keep that up." 

Mina jerked back when the bell above the door to the Inn rang. Tae popped his head out with a grin. "Your mom has us set up with rooms. She said she isn't ready for grandchildren just yet so get inside." His head disappeared back inside the door only to be replaced with Jimin's. 

"She also wants to meet Jungkook who I assured her is not as cute as me. She called me cute!" His eyes disappeared as he grinned. 

Jungkook shook his head and slowly released her. "Meeting the parents already? Hmm.. am I ready for that?" He smiled softly when Mina pushed against his chest. 

"Last chance, Jeon. You can drive away right now. The won't be able to catch you," she teased. 

He dropped his hand to grab hers. "Not a chance, Mina. I'm not so easy to get rid of and you're stuck with me." 

She wasn't given a chance to protest as Jungkook led her inside. Her mother gushed over him, Tae and Jimin all. Jungkook took full joy in recounting all about how he and Mina had started talking, complete with her being rude to him, blocking him, and even threatening him. 

After being swatted at by her mother several times, Mina had finally gotten away from them all and sank into her own bed. It had been an exhausting day from start to finish but she finally had the closure she needed to end that chapter of her life. It didn't hurt that one of the most gorgeous men she had ever laid eyes on had confessed to liking her. 

Her phone lit up on her bedside table. She had finally found it at the bottom of her bag. She was just thankful that Sunny hadn't thrown it in a trashcan. 

Jungkook: 

Goodnight Mina 💕

Mina: 

Goodnight Jungkook

Jungkook: 

No hearts? 

Mina: 

Jungkook: 

😒 close enough. 

Sleep well. 

She smiled to herself as she hit the button to turn her phone off. It would take some getting used to, but she hadn't been as happy in years. What could go wrong? 

------

Wrapping this up soon... I'm going to miss it!