Chapter 6

The National team were all dressed up nice. Jeongguk didn't bother to go all out but everyone's eyes naturally stuck on him. He usually loves the attention but tonight he was not feeling well and he had to leave his son crying and begging him not to go. But tonight was important too. It was a celebration for the championship plus a night where new staffs are going to be introduced. And as the captain of the team and an important shareholder, his presence was required.

He was sitting gloomily while surrounded by his teammates when he spotted that one face he cannot stop thinking about.

But tonight, he was in the arms of another man. And the man, Park Seojoon happens to be the new legal representative for the national team.

Makes sense.
The best lawyer representing the national team in legal matters.

"Come on Jeongguk-ssi, I want to introduce you Park Seojoon and his husband." The team manager said.

And Jeongguk wanted to hide away and crawl away and find Seokjin and scream at him for not telling him beforehand.

But the team manager was persistent and he had no choice but to follow him towards the couple.

Surely Taehyung was so beautiful and everyone was taken back by his beauty and charming boxy smile. But they were subtle about it. Because Park Seojoon was known to be quite possessive of his husband. His arms were wrapped around the beauty's waist and Jeongguk doesn't missed how he would lean down to whisper something to his husband occasionally and making him blush and smile prettily. And Jeongguk cannot do nothing about it.

Taehyung's eyes widened when he saw Jeongguk approaching.
Jeongguk's heart breaks when he saw no hesitation or change of sort when their eyes met. It is so fucking clear to him that Taehyung had moved on.

"Hello! Seojoon-ssi. This is Jeon Jeongguk. I heard you guys are from the same town." The team manager said with a polite smile.

Jeongguk watched as Seojoon smiled at him. He wanted to choke the man to death but he have no right to be mad about anything but only at himself. His past selfish self.

"Yeah. Jeongguk-ssi, me and my husband are all from the same town. Such a pleasant reunion." Seojoon said and there was no malice behind his words.

Jeongguk faked a smile.

"Oh! Really! I didn't know that Taehyung-ssi was also from the same town!"

Taehyung laughed.

"Jeongguk and I used to go to the same school too. I'm not surprised he is this successful. He was always the best!" Taehyung declared excitedly.

Jeongguk forced a smile.

"Nice to see you guys tonight. Nice to see familiar faces again." He said.

"Yeah. I hope we'll get along just fine. Lets catch up on dinner sometimes!" Seojoon suggested.

"Yah! Honey. Jeongguk is a busy man!" Taehyung teased.

Jeongguk cannot take his eyes away even though the sight hurt him so much. He just want to be close to Taehyung again.
One way or another.