Chapter one Pt. 1

Josephine's P.O.V

Crunch. The loud crunching sound that his arm makes signals me that I have broken it. I stand back and glare at him, breathing heavily. I look over at the damage that I have done. His once perfectly chiseled features and white smile are gone. Blood is gushing out of his nose and his left eye is swollen shut. He bares his teeth that are coated in red. Coated in his blood. Silence fills the hallway. The audience that had gathered around us is quiet and nobody moves.

******

"Can you please tell me exactly what happened Ms. Brooks?" Maddie stared at her lap and shut her eyes before she spoke.

"I was at my locker and Tristan came over and said hi to me." The principal stared at her intently. "Then what happened."

"Then...then.. He pushed me against the lockers. Grabbed my shirt. Then squeezed my ass and started kissing me. I..I told him to stop but he wouldn't. I tried to push him off of me but he was too strong."

Then she burst into tears and I went over and rubbed her back.

Principals Hawkins wrote something down on a blank notepad. "I have been told by many sources that you like Tristan. That you and he are dating even."

Of course, she was already taking his side.

"Yeah I liked him but he just asked me out yesterday. We haven't even held hands yet." She furrowed her brows and looked down at her lap again.

"You could go back to class Maddie. Thank you for your time. We will make sure we get this handled right away. You could go home if you would like."

Maddie nods her head and slowly gets out of her seat. She squeezes my hand before leaving. "Thank you." I smile in return.

"Now Ms. Jones. Do you realize what you did today?"

"I did what was right. I and you both know what Tristan did to Maddie was wrong!"

"I know, but your behavior was out of control. You could have gone to an adult or me. Maddie could have gone to an adult."

"I couldn't just stand there and watch as he manhandled my friend!"

"But violence is never the answer. Your actions have consequences."

She began to write something down on a pink form. I shifted in my seat. She handed me the paper.

"Suspended!! For a week?! That's not fair!"

Principal Hawks sighs and rises from her chair. "I really don't want to argue with you right now Josephine."

I abruptly get up from my chair and grab my backpack heading for the door. Tristan enters and we both make eye contact.

He looks at me with a bit of annoyance and resentment in his eyes. My eyes flicker to his hands as they have formed into fists.

While is another arm was in an odd crooked shape.

I smile knowing that he will get what is coming to him. At least something good will come out of this suspension.

When I finally leave the office my mom and dad are already there waiting for me.

Shit. They were never going to let this one go.

The car ride home was silent. I was waiting when they would start yelling at me but they never did. We finally pulled up in front of the house and I quickly jumped out of the car and opened the front door.

"Not so fast young lady."

So close.

"Sit." My mom and my dad both faced me. I hated when they did that. It was always easier when one parent was mad at you.

My mom sighed. "Josephine, what were you thinking?" "She wasn't thinking that's what." My dad replied. My mom continued. "Do you know how bad this looks? What college will take you now?"

"This is not the time for you to be screwing up!" "First your grades start to slip and now this." My dad faces away from me. I sunk down in my seat. I felt really bad now.

"I couldn't just stand there and do nothing."

"You could have gotten an adult!"

"Yeah and what if they didn't get there in time! He deserved every punch I landed on him."

My dad slams his hand on the countertop. "That is not your decision to make!!" His face was red and puffy.

"Tristan does this all the time and always gets away with it! I was tired of feeling like I couldn't do anything about it. Feeling powerless."

My mom came up to me and wiped my hair out of my face. "Honey, you could have gotten hurt."

"But I didn't."

"You can't go around punching people."

"I didn't do it for no reason. He sexually assaulted my friend! What if it was me, mom?" Both of my parents sighed and looked at each other.

"We understand that the reasons for what you did were for good intentions but they were also rash and hostile. If you continue this when you're an adult instead of getting suspended from school or fired from work, you'll  get arrested."

My dad finally faced me again. "You're grounded for two weeks. No phone, no friends, and no hanging out with your boyfriend Justin."

That was fair. I gave them my phone and got my backpack getting ready to go upstairs to my room.

But they stopped me. "We're not done." I sighed.

What else could they want?

Hi guys I have been writing this book for a while but I was afraid to post it. But how will my dreams come true if I don't do anything about it so here it is!! What do you guys think of Josephine so far?

Please vote, comment, and give me a follow if you like it! :)
-Miss Yanxiet