• Chapter 37 •

Your POV

Three months have already passed since the breakup thing and you spent your days forgetting about that moment by hanging out with Baekhyun, your friend. Obviously he didn't accept his parent's plan about the two of you being a couple so he suggested that it would be best to pretend that you're his girlfriend in front of his parents or sometimes, off-cam.

He even introduced his girlfriend to you, but on oral terms only, he didn't introduce her personally. He said that he was keeping this secret for a year now since they STILL have a dating ban, and for sure if this news got leaked online, he'll be in big trouble.

Unexpectedly, he actually became a close friend of yours.

Now you're at Han River, celebrating Mongryong's (Baekhyun's dog) birthday. You're sitting on a bench while the dog and its owner are playing on your left side.

"Thanks for hanging out with us today, (Y/N)." he spoke while patting the dog's head.

"All for you, B. Besides, I'm bored these days so why not leave the house and like, have some fun?" You said, smiling.

"So you're having fun with us?" He slowly lowered the face mask covering his mouth to let you understand clearly on what he's saying.

You shake your hands in front of you as you say, "of course and please, don't pull your mask down, we're in a public place, remember?"

"Can I ask you something?" He broke the silence.

"You already asked, dummy." you slightly slapped his arm.

"alright alright. how are you feeling? ya know... after the breakup?"

"I think I'm okay? slowly healing up."

"That's good.. but is it okay for you to be with him again?"

You've been thinking about Jungkook lately but you decided to become your normal self again, that noisy fangirl rather than being a BTS member's girlfriend.

"I guess it's fine, if he wants to, but if not, then I still respect him."

He smiled, "great decision. if you really love that person but he doesn't feel the same way, just respect it. to avoid conflict."

Hanging out with baekhyun was one of the most happy friendly dates you've gone through. You're just so lucky, you're being friends with famous kpop celebrities!

That glow up though, from a fan to a friend.

what did i do to deserve this?

"baek-" it was cut off by baekhyun's phone ringing continously. He looked at you with apologetic eyes before answering the call.

He let you handle Mongryong as he leaves for a while to talk to someone through his phone. The dog is peaceful today, he's calmly laying on your lap as you pet his head. Purrs were heard from him.

"Mong, baekhyun is so lucky to have you, and you're lucky you have him." You smiled.

He stood up from his current position is licked your face three times. Maybe it was a sign of I Love You?

You've always wanted a corgi like Baekhyun's. Or a husky, or a shih tzu!! Thankfully you got closer to BH and now you can cuddle or visit Mongryong anytime you want.

Once the corgi went back to laying on your lap, you stole a glance from Baekhyun, who is still talking, wait, shouting, rather. So basically you can hear what he's saying.

"taehyung i told you i'm at han river!"

"pabo. are you even listening to me?"

"what the-"