• Chapter 39 •

Jungkook's POV

1:09 pm

I glance at my clock one more time, but still no sign of Baekhyun hyung. We've been clicking his doorbell for several times already yet he's not taking it. (Y/N)'s calling him but he's not taking it also. What am I gonna do with this guy?

Hopefully dispatch isn't here to stalk us and spread some rumors again. I'm still wondering how "pRoFessIoNal" they are in stalking celebs. Like, do we have a tracker? Are they able to catch us through a satellite? Huh? My thoughts are gone once (Y/N) tapped me on the shoulder.

We're now inside my car, and yes... I drive. I just started this last week with the help of two of my members, J-Hope and Jin hyung. At first they scolded me for not telling them that I had secretly been taking private driving lessons, so now they've always been commanding me to buy groceries and other stuff for them. Well, maknae duties, I guess?

"why is Baekhyun not answering? he literally told us to see him at 1?" she blurts, most probably annoyed.

"maybe he's asleep?"

"even if he's asleep, he'll still hear the call, he never silents his phone."

"oh okay, uhh, maybe he's at their backyard?" I say.

"they're renovating his backyard."

"or he's at another member's house?" I thought.

"can't be. he invited everyone in his house."

"why do you know so much about him?" I ask with a loud voice. I didn't mean to say that out loud, it's just because... of the small space surrounding us... heh?

"we bonded after you quote unquote broke up with me." she said with a bitchy voice.

to be honest, I'm jealous. how come they get to know each other so well already just for a short period? as for me, even though we kinda knew each other for quite a long time, we only know few facts on each one.

"I had no intention to do that, I was just so pissed at my parents that time." I held the wheel tightly.

She stared at me for a few minutes, like there's something wrong in my face.

"you shouldn't be pissed at your parents. that's baaaad."

"they didn't like you during that time, what was I supposed to do? be happy? knowing that the two people I love the most doesn't like the love of my life now?" I spat out. I repeat, I didn't mean to say it out loud once again. Maybe I should roll down the car windows for a bit...

(Y/N) didn't say anything, and again, she stared at me, now with the so called puppy eyes. How cute.

During that gathering, before (Y/N)'s parents even announce that her and Baekhyun hyung were basically being shipped by each other's parents, I already told my parents that (Y/N) is the girl I love. My mother was the first one to react, she said she didn't like her because she wants me to have a famous celebrity-like girlfriend. My father just sided with my mom, and I hated it. My father was always siding with me all this time but since we were talking about my love life, I think he didn't like the idea of it.

besides, there's no rule saying that we can't love a non-celebrity lady.

"I don't know what to say-"

"it's cool, baby. they actually like you now." I smiled. Right, I was able to explain everything to them, and gladly they finally accepted me.

"so they know that we're together again?"

"yup. I just told them." I caressed her cheek before taking a peck on it.

There was a loud knock that stopped me from taking another kiss on her cheek.

"come on lovebirds, party's going on." Baekhyun snorted.

"stay here." I tell her.

she removes her seat belt as soon as I left the car to open the door for her. I offered my hand in a formal way to support her as she leaves the car.

"why are you being such a gentleman, kookie?" she raised a brow.

"cause that's what a boyfriend needs to do, am I right?"

"alright kook, come on now." she pulled me on the arm as she dragged me towards Baekhyun hyung's huge living room. I might've forgot to lock the car but oh well, nobody's gonna come and snatch it anyways. it's a private subdivision after all.

"ah, fellow maknae! what's up?" sehun said. to be honest here, I'm not that close with the EXO members. I've only interacted with baekhyun and once with kyungsoo hyung. I dont even know who's older, me or sehun.

I said nothing, just fist bumped him awkwardly.

(Y/N) looked excited as she saw baekhyun's dog. the dog scooted closer to her and licked her cheeks.

sigh, a lot really happened while I was gone.

"kookie, come here, this is ryong. ryong, this is kookie, my boyfriend." she held his paw and waved at me.

she claimed it. I'm really her boyfriend now.

I patted the dog's head and it seemed that he liked it. he got out of (Y/N)'s touch and went closer to me. Now I want a dog... Taehyung doesn't let me hold or pet tannie. he knows that I'll basically steal the dog and play with him at my room for a few days. True, actually. I'm in love with dogs. If only namjoon hyung approved, I would've bought tons of them, no joke.

"he likes you." she said.

"like the way I like you." I smiled upon saying it.

"you only like me?"

"I mean, love."

"aww, love you too."

once again, Baekhyun interrupted our sweet exchanging of i love you's. he took out a piece of dog food for ryong to catch.

"should we start the mini party?"

and the party started.