I - Black Liquid Ash of Fear

***UPDATE***
To my great surprise, this story has been getting more reads than I ever thought possible. I reread what I wrote once again and tried not to cringe at the many errors and awful sentence structure I had. So in the spirit of Christmas I will try to edit and perfect this story.

There wouldn't be changes in the plot, just hopefully a better way of sharing my thoughts.

If it's still crap, then I apologize I'm only human :)

So on with the story!!

*******

My very first story my dear readers! I hope you'll read through it with an open mind. I just thought I'll give you a peek into my dangerous imagination ;)

I hope you enjoy the journey....

In the beginning she was alive, her soul bare for this man, loved him with every fiber of her being. She was willing to give up everything that she had for him and worked hard for the future they both hoped for each other; when he still existed. She loved him but did he ever feel the same way?

He was loving, caring, and kind; everything a girl could ever wish for in a man. The words destructive and inhuman would've never crossed her mind to describe her husband; or was she so stupid to see it all from the very beginning? Every day she prayed to the man above that the love and attention she constantly gave him would be enough to change such characteristic; no, flaw.

But it wasn't so.

Every day was a battle, getting worse and worse; that one day she just snapped.

-------

A sickly feeling crept up her throat when she heard the tires roll onto the graveled driveway.

He's home.

Gone we're the palpitating heartbeats and welcomed short breaths when he was near.

Now it was replaced by fear.

Fear so raw that blood wasn't the thing that travelled back to her heart. From the tips of her toes this almost black liquid ash flooded her veins and quickly and achingly traveled to her heart. Every step she heard on the graveled driveway, caused it to grow thicker and thicker, creeping achingly towards her heart that she almost couldn't breathe from its weight.

This fear was so immense that she always forgot to think the infamous question of why.

Why was she putting up with this?

Why did she stay in the house when he left for the day?

Why can't she run away?

These were all the questions she would ask her friends, her colleagues, even a stranger. But one determined and stupid organ, her fucking heart, answered each one of those questions with one simple, yet so powerful, word. 

Just an inch before the creeping black liquid ash reached her stupid fucked up heart, it was blocked by this small yet bright light. The love that once filled this stupid mass of muscle she calls her heart, now transformed into hope. Unfortunately, hope wasn't enough to lighten the heavy feeling of fear in her lungs, or shake away the chills forming on every inch of her skin but it was enough to send a short note to her head saying: "He will change."

Every single day, this message was sent, and so every single day she put up with every heavy hand that was sent her way. The bruises on her side and face proved so: today shouldn't be any different.

All too soon, she heard the door open and his heavy foot landing on the dark wood that covered every inch of their small bungalow. She scrambled back to what she was doing. She looked down at her hands, trying to remember what her fear distracted her from, flinched when she flipped the very expensive fillet of salmon she was searing.

It was burnt.

She looked at the trash can beside her, contemplated if she would be in more trouble if she told him she forgot to cook dinner or if he saw the burnt fish. 

This was his request for dinner, she wanted to impress him with her cooking. This piece of fish was known to be temperamental. If she managed to pull it off, maybe her own temperamental husband would be satisfied and her body can take the night off. 

But it was burnt.

Before she could look back at the burnt salmon, she felt his heavy hand on her shoulder, and his strong intimidating presence behind her. Looming over her small figure, the chills running up and down her body seemed to somehow increase, causing an involuntary shiver. Her knees felt weak, no not from love, the very dark liquid feels so heavy now.

He's touchy today.

She felt herself tremble once again when he slowly exhaled by her ear. He asked about the fish that was now emitting dark smoke, filling the small span of their kitchen. 

She didn't know how to answer. Her voice swallowed by the liquid ash.

She didn't need to answer. They both knew what would be happening a few seconds from now. The bruises on her side and face somehow throbbed in warning, as if her body was telling her that it couldn't take anymore.

Her body tensed and eyes involuntarily closing shut as he turned off the stove; at least he did not plan on burning her today.

The bright shield that protected her heart was quickly infiltrated by the dark liquid of fear when his arm powerfully wrapped around her waist and pushed her to the island. Her back slammed on to the island and inertia sailed her back into his arms. He caught her with his rough hands and pulled her out of the kitchen. Her legs tried to catch up but he ended up dragging her to the living room.

The second they reached the living room, he violently threw her to the coffee table. With the huge size and height difference, it was as if he was throwing a small rag doll.

She muffled her scream when her fresh bruise hit the edge of the table. 

The bruised and beaten woman bit down on her lip hard to hide the howl of pain as pulled on her hair with one hand and hitting her face with the other. His hand was so big, his fingers managed to strike her ear as well.

Internally, she reminded herself that screaming and crying out will entice him to be rougher. He always laughed when she showed any sign of fear or pain, laughing at some sick joke that she never understood. 

Maybe one day he'll tell her. 

But as if everyday, he challenged himself to perform different painful acts to acquire these reactions out of her. Today was just another one of those days.

Through her half lidded, teary eyes she watched him smile at her. She quickly closed her eyes and waited for another heavy blow.

We'll get through this together,

I love you ....

FLASH

Her mind quickly sent her memories. Memories that she hoped would ease the pain of another day in hell she calls marriage.

---------------------------------------------

I hope you guys love it! Please comment and vote. It would be deeply appreciated ^_^