Chapter Eight

Alex McGarrett's POV:

Nightmare

"Tell me about Steve." Hesse asked me again for like the millionth time.

I just stare up at him shaking my head. "I don't know anything."

"You're his daughter, he must of told you something?" He questioned again. This time I shook my head but stayed quiet.

Hesse shouted in anger before hitting me across the face again. I whimpered in pain not wanting to get even more hurt. He glanced around the room before spotting something on the table.

Laughing to himself he walked over to the table grabbed the object and came back over. "Let's take a different approach then shall we?" He smiled sickly.

I looked at him confused as he then placed two pads attached to a wire to either side of my head. Then it clicked what the device was that he's holding. It a miniature electric shock device.

"Now let's try this again. Tell my about Steve." He questioned again. Again I shook my head.

"Wrong." He smiled pressing the red button on the device.

My whole body shook uncontrollably as I screamed in pain. "Okay, tell me about the Five-0." Hesse asked changing the question.

I wasn't going to tell him anything no matter how painful the torture is. So again he pressed the button.

"Please I just wanna go home." I beg coughing up blood. "Please."

He stares at me for a second before pressing the button again. "TELL ME!"

End Of Nightmare

Jolting awake I realise I'm still in hospital which calms be a bit.

"Hey are you alright? You were shaking and kept mumbling that you wanted to go home." I hear dad's voice as he holds my hand.

It takes me a second to collect my bearings as I look over at him still shaken up by the dream.

"It was a nightmare. I-I'm fine." I say quietly but knowing dad he wont let me drop it until I explain it to him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks. I sigh before nodding my head.

"It was about Hesse, he kept wanting to know about you and the team and I kept saying I don't know. Even when I did know what he was asking I wasn't going to tell him. So he electrocuted me." I finish looking down at my hands. Dad went silent so I knew it shocked him.

"Is he... is Hesse dead?" I asked after long moment of silence.

"I injured him but a civilian found his body a few blocks away." He smiled.

"Where are the others?" I question realising they aren't here anymore.

"They all went home. We've agreed that one of us will stay with you every day." I was going to argue with dad that they didn't have to but they look he gave me said I had no choice in the matter.