Chapter Eleven

"What did you do with the information Hesse made you get?" Chin asked wanting to get back on track with the case.

"I saved all of it onto a flash drive." I answer.

"Alex what exactly was on that flash drive?" Dad asked urgently.

"Classified information on an untested Russian war head from the cold war that the government has stored on the island." I pause studying their faces. "But it's no use to them without the encryption key, even then only I can access it." I add feeling a little better with myself.

At first the four of them stared at me but then their expressions cracked into smiles. "You're definitely a McGarrett, m&m." Danny cheered.

"Oh no not that nickname again!" I whine. All Danny did was laugh. "Fine what ever Danno." I replied turning my wheelchair to face the table.

"What? No. You can't use that, not again. It's bad enough Steven says it." He retorts annoyed which makes all of us laugh.

"Hey, if you're gonna call me m&m then I'm calling you Danno."

"Alright, alright calm down you two." Dad laughs shaking his head. "Lex do you know where the flash drive and encryption key are?"

"Yeah, they should still be at the warehouse. I hid them there once I transferred the intel" I say. Dad nods proudly at me.

"Come on, guess we're taking another trip." He says sarcastically.

Dad wheels me to Danny's car helping in the back and putting my wheelchair in the trunk as they got in the front.

Even though dad and Danny were talking on the way there I chose not to join their conversation. I was too busy thinking about what dad told me about Hesse. Something doesn't feel right. Something's telling me Hesse isn't really dead. I mean dad shot him twice in the chest before and the guy still didn't die.