I'll Help You Pack

"How long did you say you are going to be gone?" Dae questions loudly, looking at them with hopeful eyes.

"About a month, my dear," Chan confirms softly.

"A month? And even you're going, Seungmin?" Dae turns to Seungmin, giving him a certain look that never fails to pull his heartstrings.

"Yes, I'm going. This mission is very important for us."

"I know it is," Dae sighs, avoiding eye contact with her fathers. "I just wish I could tag along to diffuse the feeling of withdrawal. What is this mission for anyway?"

"We're going on a mission with Twice. We need to assassinate the next heir of another bad mafia boss. While we're at it, we need to also steal some information for JYP."

"Why do you need to go with Twice?"

"We can pretend we are dating. It's also safer to work in a group; We trust Twice and we have a very strong alliance with them," Changbin explains.

"Am I going to be home alone for a whole month?" Dae prodded, her doe eyes pleading. 

"Oh hell no," Minho offhandedly assures. "If that was the case, we would take you with us. I don't want you here by yourself for that long."

"Who am I going to be staying with?"

"You're going to be staying with another alliance we have. They're called Day6. Have you heard of them?" Felix asked. 

Dae hesitated her answer, diving deep into her memory of mafia groups under JYP's watch. "I think so. There were six members, but one got killed?"

Chan gives her a sharp nod. "You'll be staying there for the month. We are dropping you off tonight, and we leave for America afterward."

"I'll help you pack," Hyunjin volunteers, grabbing her hand and leading her upstairs. 

"A whole month?" She somberly questions, throwing her stuff in the suitcases. "Will you at least call me?"

"Of course we will, Baby."

"And you don't need me for anything in this mission?"

"Not this time. I don't want you in any bit of danger. You're staying with Day6."

"You don't need me for anything?" She repeated, not liking his previous answer.

"Twice's Sana is an amazing hacker," Hyunjin added, trying to conclude the topic of her coming with. 

However, he immediately regretted his statement when he heard the halt of Dae's noisy packing. He noticed how hard she attempted to muffle her depressive state. But the whimpers of her concealed cries broke through. 

"What's wrong baby? We're just keeping you out of danger," Hyunjin approached her, forgetting about the clothes he was folding. He placed his hand on her shoulder; Dae slowly lifted her head. 

"I feel so useless. If you have an alliance like Twice, what do you need me for? I feel like only a burden you have to deal with. "

Hyunjin abruptly embraced Dae in a reassuring hug. "Of course, we need you, Silly. You're our hacker. Sana is Twice's hacker. We love you so much; Don't ever think you're a burden, okay?"

Dae nodded into his chest, her cries ceasing slowly. "I'm sorry. I'm just going to miss you so much."

"We are too. But this mission is very important. So," Hyunjin pauses for a moment, flashing Dae a reassuring grin. "Let's keep smiling, okay?"

She nods her head solemnly and finishes packing her stuff.

Soon after, it was time for Dae to depart from Stray Kids for the time being. They all piled inside the car; Dae sat in Felix's lap, his arms being her lifesaving seat beat.