I'll try my best to be the best daughter I can.

Dae didn't come down for dinner either, making Stray kids very worried about her health.

Chan decided Dae needed a mental health break. Not just from the Jinyoung ordeal, but she just needed a day away from the mafia.

Therefore, once everyone left the conference room, Chan pulled out his phone, quickly finding the contact he was searching for.

"Boss? Yes, this is Bang Chan. Dae and I will not be attending work tomorrow. No, we aren't sick. But Dae needs time off, and instead of all eight of us staying home with her, it will just be me. Thank you, we both appreciate it."

Chan put his phone down, pleased with his boss's authorization.

Determined to make Dae happier, he marches to the kitchen to make her favorite food, which he knew by heart. It was a simple dish; shrimp fried rice. She always craved milk tea after every meal she eats, so Chan decided to make her specific milk tea to drink alongside her dinner.

The smell of Dae's favorite food awoke the young girl, she stirred in her bed. Sitting up, she looked at her clothes, them still being her lazy work attire from the day behind her.

Sluggishly, she got in actual pajamas, throwing her previous clothing into the laundry hamper, missing horribly.

She washed her face and got back into bed, ready to fall back asleep again.

A knock on her door denied her attempts to sleep again.

"Dae," Chan called, tapping on her door again. "I know you're at least half awake, I heard the tap in your bathroom turn on."

Chan opened her door, letting light from the hallway pour in her room, creating a glow on her lazy body.

Along with the light flowing in her room, the divine scent of her favorite food made its rounds around her bedroom, finally reaching her nostrils.

"I made you this. Can you sit up so you can at least eat?"

Dae lightly nods her head, extremely hungry all of a sudden. She sat up and Chan gave her the warm plate, along with utensils.

Once she finished eating, she wiped her face clean of any residue and looked at Chan lightly.

"I could really go for a milk tea right now."

Chan chuckled lightly, reaching on the floor beside her bed; where he set it as she was eating, and handed her the glass.

"you're lucky I came prepared."

Dae took a huge sip of the drink, humming in content.

"Thank you, Chan. I appreciate it."

Chan waved off her thank you, shaking his head. "It was really my fault. I caused you to be like this."

Dae shrug, not wanting to talk about it.

"I called JYP a bit ago," she looked back up at him, curious. "You and I are not attending work tomorrow."

"Why?"

"You needed a break. And I'm going to take you around town tomorrow to shop, or whatever you feel like doing. As my form of an olive branch."

Dae smiled, nodding her head. "I would like that a lot. But, isn't that a risk of exposing us?"

Chan shook his head, dismissing her thought. "we've gone out in public plenty of times, love. Everything will be alright."

Dae asked Chan to leave after that, saying she was tired again. He was concerned about her unhealthy sleeping habits, but he knew it would be fixed soon; once he tells her about Jinyoung.