Chapter 7

It was my first real day in Toronto. It was my first real day abroad and because of same I will not waste a single second on this vacation. That is my mission. 

I wake up quite early, and Blake is still fast asleep. I knock on my dad's door and of course I find him at the small desk with a cup of coffee and on the phone. My dad is always on the phone working. In fact I was asked in kindergarten to draw him and I draw a stick figure with a phone.

I lay down on the bed waiting for him to come off the phone. I want to plan my day. I've always been an organized person, maybe a bit too organized with schedules covering every single minute of my day. He hangs up and turns to me. 

''Good morning, is your brother still asleep?''. I nod. 

''Dad, I was thinking if maybe I could go for a walk. It wouldn't be long, just till I find a coffee place''. I give him a huge smile which he never says no to.

I promised I would be back in an hour. I have to babysit Blake today because dad is working. He asked if we wanted to come with him on the set of the music video, but I didn't really feel like it today. I see cozy coffee shops everywhere and small cafes. I choose ''Cafe Coffee'' just because of the weird but funny name. I get my cappuccino and walk back to the hotel. On the other side of the road, I see a poster of Shawn Mendes. I'm still not completely convinced it was him I bumped into just one day ago. Or he bumped into me. The poster shows a pop-up merch shop which will be happening tonight at 9 pm. I have to get there, a Shawn Mendes hoodie will be the perfect gift for Maddison. She'll love me forever. Then I'm just missing a gift, for my other best friend Ali.

Dad is helping Blake get dressed when I get back. I think I'm gonna take him for ice cream later. ''Dad?''. He knows from my tone that I'm gonna ask for a favor. 

''What do you need Jess?''. 

I sigh before answering ''I just found this incredible gift for Maddie but the shop isn't open till 9 pm. I know it's late but it's literally right across the street''. I'm now standing next to him handing him the other cup of coffee I bought for him. Latte, his favorite. He takes it 

''You can, but you have to bring your brother I'm not home till very late. I just got a call informing me that we need another actor. Luckily there are lots to do with the set''. My dad is very creative, which is a good thing as a producer. I've always wanted to be the same as him if it wasn't for the long work hours.

A few hours later me and Blake are on our way to find the best ice cream shop in Toronto. I'm starting to love this city already. It quiet but loud. Beautiful but plain. Coffee shops everywhere! Just everything I've ever dreamed of. We get lots of ice cream, find a playground, and get even more ice cream before returning to the hotel.

When it's time to go to the pop-up shop, Blake is really tired. It will be a couple of hours until Dad comes home, but I just can't miss the pop-up shop. I don't want to leave Blake alone in the hotel, but he's too tired to come with me. I make sure he is fast asleep before I hurry to get the merch for Maddie. Blake isn't normally scared of being alone, but I am scared of leaving him alone. That's why I run the fastest I can.

I slow down when I suddenly get the feeling of deja vu and the boy who knocked me over is standing less than 20 meters away