Chapter 10: Bet on Super-

"I can't train you if all you do is keep blocking." Dick stands up straight, watching me. "It's good to have a defensive, but you need to be able to go on the offensive against an assailant." I stand straight also, fixing the gloves that both him and I had bought just for training. "Are you afraid to punch me or something?"

        "No. I just... I don't know."

        "It's not like you'll hurt me, so come on."

        I tilt my head to the side. "What is that supposed to mean? You saying I can't punch?"

        "I'm not saying that you can't, I'm saying that if you did punch me, it'd feel like a leaf hit me."

        "I can so punch hard." I pout and Dick just smiles at me. 

        "Come on, how about we go over to the weights and try to build up your muscles?" Dick questions me.

        I nod. "Okay." I begin to walk off the mat, him following, but before we reach the edge, I spin and punch his chest. Or would have if he hadn't caught my wrist, punched me in the gut, flipped me over his shoulder, knelt on my back, and then twisted my arm at a 90 degree angle. "Really?"

        "What? You think I'm going to just let you punch me without resistance? How would that help you train? No assailant you encounter is just going to let you hit them without some sort of resistance. Well, unless you encounter the Joker again. He might just want you to hit him for the fun of it."

        "Fine. Can you get off of me now?" I ponder aloud and he just fixes his knee on the small of my back, like he was getting comfy. 

        "No. You have to figure out a way to get out from under me."

        "But you never told me how to do that."

        "I can't teach you everything, you'll have to use you intuition." Dick murmurs, kissing my wrist.

        "Did you just kiss my wrist?" I question and he chuckles.

        "Yeah."

        "Why?"

        "Because we are going to be here for a while, and since we are, I'm going to enjoy myself." He kisses my wrist again and I try to kick his back.

        "You're a mean trainer, you know that?" I mumble into the mat and he gently bites my wrist now, right over the pulse. 

        "Am not. You're lucky you have me instead of Bruce. He does not take anybody lightly and pushes us to the limit."

        "Is he gonna be mad that I know his identity and all that?" I whisper and his lips just hover over my pulse point.

        He then sighs, shifting his weight again, but he doesn't unpin me. "Well, he probably already suspects that you know, considering you know that the Batcave is under Wayne Manor, and that I'm Nightwing."

        "My arm is starting to hurt." I pout, bonking my head against the mat a couple of times. 

        "Then move me. I'm not letting you up."

        We sat there for a few more minutes as I tried to think of some way to get him off of me. "Dicky?" I mumble, turning my head slightly.

        "Yes?"

        "Can I have a kiss?" 

        "No. Callie, you can't just kiss your way through fights."