Chapter 8: R.G.

"Wakey Wakey." A voice murmured through the cloud of smoke in my head. "Will someone please wake this woman up? She is worse than the people I kill!" It was a high-pitched male voice, but I couldn't get through the cloud in my head. It was like a fog that clung to my mind. It sifted and drifted throughout my memories, making me see one of my uncle, sitting in front of the T.V., a beer in his hand, controller in the other.

Flashback~ 10 Years Before

        I peeked around the corner of the hallway, glancing into the living room, which was illuminated by the T.V. and some wrestling match that was going on. I saw my uncle's recliner, which he was currently lounging in, sipping on the stale beer can before tossing it onto the floor. The house was a mess, has been ever since my uncle got out of jail. He just sits around all day, occasionally getting up to get food or another beer. I don't want him spotting me, since he's always drinking his 'Happy Juice'. It makes him act all funky. And meaner. He would hit me now if he saw me just standing there. But I was hungry. Being locked in my room for a whole day because of how looked 'too ugly', didn't seem fair without food. I believed him though. That I was ugly. For I didn't know what being pretty meant. I didn't have any magazines of models, and the only other girls I see where on the television.

        I stepped into the kitchen and glanced around, racing back to my room when I found no food that was actually un-rotten. I locked my door again, racing over to the window and crawling out of it, heading up the stairs until I sat on the roof, watching the night. 

        That was when Robin, the Boy Wonder, found his way to my side. He sat down beside me on the roof and offered me an apple. I took it with a smile. "Thanks." I whisper to him and he nods. He came by every so often while he fought crime with Batman and helped keep everybody safe. "I didn't think you were coming today..." I mumble and he shrugs, his cape just floating behind him a few times as a wind blew past us. 

        "I had to stop by. Tonight was slow. Everyone is getting scared of us. Of me." He laughs to himself and I giggle, chewing the apple. 

        "Are you gonna tell me your name yet?" I question him and he shakes his head. 

        "I have to keep it a secret or else Batman will kill me."

        "But I wanna know you besides Robin. Come on. Just a little hint?"

        "Fine. It starts with an R."

        "That doesn't help. You could be tricking me into thinking your actually called Robin."

        "And what if I was? What would you do if my name was actually Robin?"

        "Nothing. It's a cool name. For a bird."

        "Fine, another hint is that my last name begins with a G."

        "Hints are supposed to help. Those didn't help at all."

        "They did too."

        "Did not, give me more hints."

        "Nope."

End of Flashback

        "Why won't she wake up? Did we kill her?" It was a different voice than before. The fog started to clear in my head, which I shook slightly, trying to get the rest of the fog out. 

        "I don't think we did. The boss is gonna be mad if we did."

        "Check if she's breathing."

        "Why don't you do it?"

        "What? You a scaredy-cat or something?"

        "No! I just don't wanna invade the girl's space."