Chapter One: Feelings.

I wasn't apart of the lab, but I was like El. No one knew my history, hell, I didn't even know. All I knew was I could find people with out moving, and kill people by using my mind.

Whatever the hell that meant.

I knew about the upside down since I had joined the group last halloween. Where I met the love of my life.

Steve "the Hair" Harrington.

"Steve," i said.

"Steve,"

"STEVE!"

"WHAT DO YOU WANT Y/N JEEZ"

"wake up its our 7 month anniversary! i have so much shit planned you dont even know..."

"Wait, what? Y/N/N, we said we weren't doing anything." he said groggily.

"Wait Steve, you ACTUALLY thought I did stuff? HaVe YoU mEt Me?"

Thats just one example of how our relationship worked. Or how it HAD been working for 7 months, May 20th didn't also happen to be your anniversary, but also the day we broke up.

ugh, Tragic.

Long story short, Billy Fucking Hargrove had crawled his way into my mind, and the truth had come out.

"Hello?" i asked into the phone two months prior.

"Hey Y/N, I was wondering if you could come over and help me study."

"Again Billy? Aargh, I thought you were doing so much better. Okay, I'll be there with my chemistry books in a jif-"

"No its uh, pre-calc now." he said with unsurance.

You made your way over to his house and  walked to his bedroom like the normal routine.

"Whats the issue?" i ask him

"woah, woah, woah, slow down. Why dont we take a break before we get start-" he grins as he tries to kiss me, starting at my neck.

"Billy... we talked about this." i push him off.

"Shh, whats there to talk about? You wanna break up with steve, but you can't bring yourself to it. so don't." he tries to persuade me.

"i dont even like you!"

"you think im hot though"

"who the fuck doesn't!"

"exactly. and... i choose you, Y/N."

"you're more of a weirdo than you think."

"Billy, you dont even know me-"

"and steve does?" he bites back.

"dont even go there."

"well, if i dont know you, let me." he said as he inched his hand up my leg.

"Billy!" i wacked his hand away. "i said... no. if you really wnat to get to know me, talk to me before trying to fuck me."

"Why, this?" He held the book upside down.

I ripped it from his hands, "Because, okay? and for the last time i'm not telling you, alright? ask a different question."

silence, for a while.
but then i gave in while he was staring off into space.

"My dad was always angry." i started. "No one in his family ever seemed to please him. No matter how long we all walked around on eggshells for him, waiting to crack. And he was only happy when i came home with a Straight A report card. Thats when he would stop hitting my mom. If i kept bringing home those kinda papers." tears were nearly pouring out of your eyes now.

"well, then you know my mom left, and i had to start working for myself."

he didnt say anything.

of course.

just wanted in my head.

not cool, man.
not cool.

then, he spoke.

"my dad used to hit my mom, too."

what?

i was
dumbfounded.

but i couldn't stop listening.

i sniffled with an urge.

he was speaking with a lower voice now, more human than i had ever heard him.

"i used to be happy, my mom always made me until she left too."

he's more complex than i thought.

i mean, he isn't completely wrong now. Steve doesn't know jack shit about my life.

but, he's so faithful.

shit, what am i doing?

would i really, want Billy Hargrove as a boyfriend?

well, he doesn't even have to be a boyfriend. maybe like uh, bootycall! or something.

no, he's more than that. i can tell.

i could from the very beginning.

he understands.

he,
gets me.

we've been through the same shit.

I'M OVERTHINKING.

get out, get out, get out, get-

im back in reality.

"i have to go." i say.

"Y/N..."

fuck, why do i get so confused?