Chapter Sixteen: Stronger.

4:43pm, July 4th, 1985.

"Y/N, are you okay now?" Will asks.

"Yeah, not to be rude or anything, but, we're kinda running out of time-" Lucas explains.

"Guys!" Nancy shouts. "Give her space."

"Nancy, shes had hours!" Mike bites back.

"Mike! she saw something in there, okay? Experienced it all. We need to have her fully back on her feet before we can do anything." She defends me.

"El, can i use your shower?" I ask her.

"Yes."

"Thanks."

i get up and head to the bathroom and turn the water on and get undressed.

i dont feel clean.

i feel like i need to wash this all away, clear my head.

i step in the shower, and feel the water roll down my back and through my hair.

i face the shower head and lightly stroke my cheek and neck, where his hand had been.

i think about the other memories i saw of him and me.

especially the one a week into our little fling.

"Billy, im with Steve..." i hear as his lips trail to my neck.

"Okay, yeah, but so what? Come on, just meet me at motel 6 on Cornwallis at, uh, 8:00pm?" he said seductively into my ear.

"You know you want too..."

"Just because i do, doesn't mean I should Billy..."

"Alright. Your loss. But i'll still be there in case you change your mind." he said as he winked at me and walked away.

5pm

i finish my shower, and hop out, and put my clothes back on.

5:10pm

i walk back out into the living room, everyone's eyes are on me.

"im ready to talk."

5:11pm

"When i first got in, Billy was sitting on his bed."

"is that normal?" Lucas asked.

"Billy in his room on the fourth of July?? No." Max answers.

"I walked over to him and touched his hand and held it to my face when he strangled me. Everything went black, when i saw his memories. I saw us, crying, arguing, laughing.

Then i saw California, Billy when he was younger. And his mom he always told me about. The further down i walked on the beach, the worse his life and memories got. Until i found the source.

Max told me to get out, and when i thought i did, i was back here. But no one was here.

I called out every single one of your names, and got no answer. and then... Billy came out of Hop's room.

He started saying how he was building something. That it was all for me. To get to me."

"Building something... is he talking about the flayed?" Max continues.

"He must be." says Nancy. "So, he's building an army, just like we thought."

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike states.

"He's building it to stop Y/N and Eleven." Will finishes.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike says.