Chapter Eighteen: Broken.

10:23pm, July 4th, 1985.

by the time we end up telling everyone, EVERYTHING, we had a final plan.

Joyce, Hopper, and Murray, are going to shut down the big machine I saw in the Russian Facility.

Steve, Robin, Dustin, and Erica all went to "Cerebro" they called it, to get the best radio signal possible to stay in contact with the adults.

Everyone else is heading to Murray's.

10:25pm

i keep checking my own leg to see if it itself has anything in there.

so far, nothing. thank god.

10:30pm

we head out to Nancy's car and El and I rest in the back with our legs out when it doesn't turn on.

"Whats wrong?" Johnathan asks.

"I dont... i dont know." Nancy responds.

"You serious? Come on!" she yells

"Nance, didn't your mom just buy this car?" I ask.

"Yes. Im sure its fine."

"Did you leave the lights on?" Will asks.

"No."

"Do we have gas?"

"Yes!"

Nancy and Johnathan bicker while i talk to El.

"Are you okay?" I touch her hand and i can sense somethings off. More than usual for the circumstances.

"I- i think i lost..." she begins to explain when Nancy and Johnathan hop out, distracting us.

i hear a very, familiar car engine rev.

Billy.

"shit," i mutter as i turn to look out the back of the car. he keeps revving it, not going anywhere.

he's doing what he does best.

he's teasing, that douche bag.

"Back in the mall!" Nancy hits the window and shouts.

i hop out of the car, when i hit my leg.

"Fuck!" i yell as i look at Billy in the car. Johnathan comes up behind me and helps me walk as i run back into the mall.

10:30pm

"Scoops Troop, do you copy?" Mike says three times to the walkie talkie.

Nancy pulls out a pistol from the bag of guns that Hopper brought in. I shudder knowing thats for my boyfriend.

"You're gonna kill him, aren't you?" Max asks her.

"This is just a precaution, okay?" she says soothingly.

"And not just against Billy." Will tells Max. "If he knows we're here, so does the Mind Flayer."

10:31pm

Mike still cant get in contact with them.

dammit.

"No chance that thing'll drive, right?" i chuckle looking at the car El threw.

"We don't need it to drive, we just need the ignition cable." Johnathan says.

10:34pm

Everyone heads over to the car and starts pushing while El, Will and I stand away because we are no help.