Chapter Twenty: It's Okay.

11:34am. August 13th, 1985.

"Hey, its been a while.

Look, I know.

You have no reason to be talking to me right now, especially after what I did.

I-I'm not mad. I shouldn't have even touched you. You're my daughter for Christ's sake.

Just, come home? Okay?"

beep.

I'm sitting on Billy's bed, helping Max go through his room before his parents do. and i finish listening to the answering machine.

I delete all voicemails my dad left me.

11:37am October 4th, 1985.

I told the Wheelers everything, about my dad and Billy being my boyfriend and dying, and now I live with them. (Dont worry, they don't know what actually happened)

Nancy and I share her room, and I am permanently staying with them.

They contacted child services and searched my old "house" for my dad, but only found a dead body with booze everywhere.

I no longer need to go shopping since I took almost every piece of clothing Billy owned other than pants. Well, i cant in general cause they mall burned down so.

Steve and Robin may or may not have become my best friends, since Nancy is more of a sister than ever.

But, its moving day for the Byers.

Packing up started yesterday, and now we're all helping boxing the little things.

"This reminds me of another packing experience I had lately." I muffle under my breath to myself with Max in the room helping me.

"Hey... do you wanna... come over? After this? We havent talked much since-"

"Max. Of course. I mean, at one point or another, we all have to move on. Your parents won't be there?"

"No. i just miss you... and him."

"I miss him too, believe me."

i see her looking sad and have a tear roll down her face.

"Hey," i speak again. "Here's what we'll do. We'll stop at the store tonight and get alllll of the Ice cream and comic books we want. How does that sound?" I grin at her.

"But Neil, if we have leftovers would freak-"

"You really think we're gonna have left overs Max?!" i say surprisingly to her as she chuckles. "I... will deal with him, okay? Remember, I'm stronger now. I can make people see, what isn't actually there. Or, not see, what is actually there." I wink at her and we chuckle as we close up the last box and bring it outside.

I start to see everyone hugging.

I get teary eyed.

Do they really have to move? Everything is solved! We completely killed the mind flayer this time. We're okay.

I walk away from the truck and see Joyce walk up to me.

"Y/N..." she says as she approaches and hugs me.

We pull away and I say "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Being the best mom, i could ever ask for." I say with light tears and chuckle and hug her again when she smiles and walks away.