Chapter Seventeen: The Mall.

El moves next to me and holds my hand, getting me into the Void.

she immediately lets go when she knows im in, and I see the Starcourt Mall. I'm generally a good finder, I just couldn't find Billy. El couldn't either.

"Do you see anything?" Nancy says.

"Starcourt."

I walked in, but instead of walking through the main entrance, the door led to the movies.

i open my eyes. "They're at the movies."

"Movies?" Mike asks. "Are you sure?"

"100%" My nose wasnt even bleeding it was so easy.

"Lets go." Nancy says when Johnathan helps me up and Mike and Max have El.

9:40pm. July 4th, 1985.
We arrive at the Mall and make our way to the movie theater.

on our way there, we see 4 men walking around with guns in their hands.

i look for Dustin in the void and see him hiding behind a food court restaurant.

"Everybody hush and stop." i whisper. i look under the railing to see a red car.

i make it start honking.

they all look back at us when El throws her hand up and throws the car, crushing all four men.

i see three other people pop up with Dustin. We all run down to meet up with them.

9:45pm

we start running, when i see steve.

fuck. I havent seen him since we broke up.

sure, I've seen him inside of Scoops Ahoy, but i never even went by to talk.

"You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel!" Dustin runs and hugs El and Mike.

"Lucas?" his sister (?) asks.

"What are you doing?"

i hear conversations trail off when i hear, "Y/N?"

"Uh, hey, Steve..." i respond as Johnathan walks off and i limp over to steve.

"What the hell... really you don't talk to me, or come say hi, or anything? for what? two months?..."

"Steve..."

"a-and now you're here?! i can't believe you-"

"STEVE! we broke up, okay? you even were the one who told me to get out of your house!  now is really, not the time to be talking about this right now"

"i dont understand what happened to that car." some random girl in a similar outfit like Steve asks.

"El has superpowers." Dustin answers.

"I'm sorry?" she asks.

"Superpowers. She threw it with her mind. C'mon catch up" Steve replies.

"Thats El? and You're..." Lucas' little sister ask when she points at me.

"Y/N." i answer.

"Who's El?" she asks.

"Im sorry, who are you?" Nancy asks the other girl.

"Im Robin. I work with Steve."

THIS IS TOO FAST

"She cracked the top secret code." Dustin explains.

too fAst. everyone cAlm DoWn.

"Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians in the first place-" Steve goes