Chapter Three: Breaking the News.

Thankfully, the drive from Billy's to Steve's, wasn't too long. I left around 7:30pm, it took maybe 15 minutes to get there, and I still had an extra 15 minutes to freshen up.

and, ya know, not smell like 4 bottles of cologne, cigarettes, and just overall musk.

As I'm about to knock on Steve's door, it swings open before i can even touch it.

"Heyyyyyy..."

oh.

this is actually gonna be so fun.

HE'S ALREADY WASTED!

yEs.

"Hey babe... you doin' good?" i inquire.

"hHmmMm? oH, yea I'm doing, grrrrrrrREAT! Hahaha, ha, like the frosted flakes dude..."

"Oh yeah? well if youre so great then why are you falling on the floor, bud?"

"heHEheh, i DonT kNow!"

"okay, lets just sit ya down..."

ugh, i wish i had a camera!

he really is so funny when he's like this.

kinda cute too, but in an adorable way.

maybe billy was right? i mean, it wouldn't be SO hard to just make every emotion he had toward me disappear.

no, be normal. you can't do this in everyday life.

"...you look so pRetty!" i sadly smile back at him while holding half of him up.

maybe i should tell him while he's drunk.

that way, i would have done it, and he might kind of remember it but it wouldn't hurt as bad.

"Uh, actually, Steve?"

"hhMm?¿"

"There's something i've been meaning to tell you."

"ha, thAt yOu faRt in yOur slEep? hehehe i alReaDy knOw sIlly!"

"No, Steve... i wanted to tell you that i, have been-"

"fArtIng?"

"no,"

"sNeeZing."

"Steve no"

"oH! heheh poOpiNg!"

"I'VE BEEN CHEATING ON YOU WITH BILLY HARGROVE.!" i immediately regretted everything.

his sad face was even worse in a drunken state.

"wH- wHat?"

"Yeah, Im sorry."

i hate this.

"I didn't want to tell you because you don't deserve it especially everything that happened with Nancy and also your life is pretty shitty right now so..." i trailed off. "I just- it started out as a fling, and then... he turned out to be a great guy... a-and he's SUPER hot so i- after a while we both just sorta, fell-"

"haha what fAce forwArd?"

"Yeah, face forward." i play along. "Hmmm, you wont remember any of this in the morning will you?"

"nOpe."

oh thank god-

"cAn i go tO bEd?"

"Yeah, lets get you goin'...god youre so lucky your parents are out of town."

do you know how HARD it is to carry a basically grown ass man, up the stairs?

sheesh.

"Steve, do you want me to spend the night?"

"mmm, yEs please!"

After getting him in bed, i turned off the lights and crawled in on my side when i felt a lifeless arm slide over me and hear a whispered:

"i lOve you"

"i love you too Steve. I love you too."

11am

i woke up a little bit earlier than Steve, but thats why i decided to wake him up.

i just love messing with him.

"Steve," i said.

"Steve,"

"STEVE!"

"WHAT DO YOU WANT Y/N JEEZ"

"wake up its our 7 month anniversary! i have so much shit planned you dont even know..."

"Wait, what? Y/N/N, we said we weren't doing anything." he said groggily.

"Wait Steve, you ACTUALLY thought I did stuff? HaVe YoU mEt Me?"

"ughhhh"

"hangover much?" i ask.

"What the hell happened last night?"

i got a little nervous. "Well, i got here around 8pm and i was about to knock on the door when you opened it... and you were completely WASTED."

"Oh god, i dont even remember getting drunk."

"Then what happened?"

"Oh, i-i just took you up here and layed you down. I asked you if you wanted me to spend the night and you said yes so i did-"

"Y/N, whats up with us lately?"

"What do you mean-"

"You know exactly, what i mean. We never hang out anymore. i-its like we're strangers! is there something you're not telling me?"

i stand up, "Well, you're the one who acts like im not even here anymore! We'll be hanging out and you'll be all depressed or some shit just because you 'can't go to college cause' you 'fucked up'!" I say mocking him.

He stands up on the other end of the bed, "oh, no, no,no DO NOT! even go there-"

"i... ask you, what is wrong. you know how you respond? 'Y/N im fine dont worry about it...' or 'its none of your business...' and i'm just trying to help! I-"

"Well you know what? Maybe i dont need your fucking help. Maybe im just better off with out you since all you do is go help your little buddy Billy Hargrove-"

"HE AT LEAST ASKED ME FOR HELP AND IS DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT! I LITERALLY ASKED YOU IF YOU WERE OKAY WITH ME TUTORING HIM BECAUSE I KNOW HOW SENSITIVE YOU ARE-"

"wow, wow, wow i am SO SURPRISED THAT YOU HAVENT JUST GONE AND FUCKED HIM, IF HES SO GREAT!"

"I HAVE STEVE."

shit.

his whole demeanor changed. "What?"

"I tried telling you last night but your were so drunk, i knew you weren't going to remember it."

"Huh." he stands there thinking, before asking, "How long?"

"2 months."

"wow," he exhaled.

"Steve, im sorry, i tried to explai-"

"Just go" he said staring off into space.

"Steve-"

"GO!"

and i left.