Day 5

“Come on! It’s time to wake up!We’ve a got a whole day of fun,fun,and fun!” cheers Cassie  barging into my room. Ugh! I hope she doesn’t mean chores.

 “What time is it?” I groan covering my head with a pillow.

Cassie pulls the pillow and sheets away then chirps,

“10 am, and you better be ready to leave in 1 hour.”

“Where are we going?” I mutter, pulling the sheets back up.

“We are going to the mall! The band has their first gig tomorrow night and I need something rebellious to wear,” cheep’s Cassie, pulling off the sheets completely.

“I’m grounded!” I say rolling off the bed.

Cassie pulls me up and says,

“You’ve learned your lesson! Besides, It’s summer! Who is grounded in summer? Of course, if you want to be ungrounded, you must do what I say, and I say you have 1 hour to get ready for the mall.

I stumble down the stairs, and grab my Coco Pop’s box only to realize It’s empty.

“We’re out of cereal!” I yell up the stairs to Cassie.

“We’ll stop by ‘Doosey’s’ on the way home!’ Cassie yell’s back, referring to the only market within a 10 mile radius of canton.

I settle for a slice of toast smothered in butter, and then go upstairs to get ready. I take a quick shower which last’s 40 minutes, so I hurry out, comb my hair, and slip on my red legging set with chiffon overlay top. 

Cassie screams from downstairs,

“Hurry up!” 

I rush down the stairs, to find Cassie dressed in red corduroy shorts and a plain black t-shirt, with small,black wedge sandals. We board the same bus I took 2 days ago to Canton Square and then we walk the remaining distance to the mall. The last time I was here was on that terrible day getting pampered and shopping for outfits. I don’t even want to think about that! Cassie drags me into her favorite store ‘Topic Hot’ and I sit on a couch with my book for a long time while she decide’s what to wear. After around an hour she finally decides what to wear, and put’s it on in the changing room. She comes out in a plain black tee(as if she doesn’t have enough already), high waisted skinny jeans, black leather jacket, and black lace-up heel boots. She looks stunning!

“How do I look?” ask’s Cassie, checking herself out in the mirror.

“Pretty good, but It would look so much better without that big head of yours,” I say jokingly. Cassie attacks me with tickles, until I’m giggling so loud, the saleswomen has to ask me to lower my voice. Cassie changes back into her clothes and then pays for her clothes. The clothes aren’t cheap! The shirt is $9, the boot’s are $16,the jacket is $28, and the jeans are $15, adding up to a hefty total of $68! We grab some lunch at McDonalds, and sit down in the food court.

“So, we’re going to hit the supermarket, and then...home, I guess. Is there anywhere else you want to stop by before we go home?” offers Cassie.

“Well, I was wondering if we could stop by the Canton library. I need to borrow some more books,” I say.

“Please! Are you seriously asking me to stand within ten feet of a library?! Besides, Mrs. Wrinkle-face will give me a lecture on all those books I borrowed when I was 8 and never returned. Absolutely not! You can go later without me, or tomorrow,” blares Cassie.

“Fine”I grumble chewing my last chip.

After lunch, we start walking home and we don’t take the bus because we need to stop by the supermarket. After 10 minutes of walking, we reach the ‘Doosey Mart’, and Cassie insist’s to stay outside while I go in.

“Cereal and pick up a block of cheese for our sandwiches tonight,” says Cassie handing me a $10 bill.

I walk into the market and suddenly a cool breeze whips my face, and the smell of fresh bread and Ice-cream come together to create a wonderful essence of......food. I walk to the cheese and yoghurt section and decide which cheese to get since Cassie didn’t specify. I settle on cheddar and before I leave to the cereal section, I notice Berun 5 feet away from me, and I can’t help but say,

“Hey Berun!”

“Hey Clara,” he says in that adorable voice of his, walking over to me.

“So,your buying low-fat yoghurt, huh?” I say blushing at how stupid I am for pointing that. 

“Yep, I am,” He says not thinking it stupid at all, and he flashes that irresistible, charming smile and the room suddenly get’s very warm.

“I’m sorry to hear about you and Monique’s break-up,” I say cooly, changing the subject.

“I wonder how you heard about that, news travel’s fast around here. I realized that she’s not the one for me, and the one for me is right here, right now, right in front of me,” says Berun in a low, serious tone,moving closer so our noses are brushing, and he stares at my eyes and lips like in those movie’s when they kiss. He moves toward’s my lips but I pull away and say,

“I have to go!” I pay for the cheese and run out of the market, not wanting to think about what just happened. Cassie pushes me to go get the cereal which I forgot, but I tell her about what happened, and we just walk home in silence. Berun is the love of my life! How could I just pull away like that? I’ve been wanting that since 4th grade, and.....How must he feel? Why is it so easy for me to kiss that stranger at that party but not Berun? Well...he wasn’t exactly a stranger, It was Bryan, but I don’t want to think about that or Berun or BOYS! The rest of the day goes by in a blur, and I feel lifeless and empty, so I just have an early night and by 7 I’m fast asleep.