Day 10

Cassie barges into my room all dressed for the plane and rolling her suitcase at 3 am.

"Go away" I mumble ducking under the sheets.

" I have just woken up aunt Rosie and we have to leave in one hour. Your bag is still open," notices Cassie pointing at my bag.

I grumble and crawl from the bed to the bathroom frowning at Cassie. Cassie starts laughing and then says merrily,

" I will make Pop tarts. Aunt Rosie is in for a surprise."

I brush my teeth and change into my peach juicy couture traveling suit and zip up my suitcase. We all have hand luggages filled with clothes because the costume department is bringing clothes and makeup. Or so I thought? Ain't Rosie is wheeling her largest Luis Vuitton suitcase and hand luggage suitcase and handbag into the kitchen. Of course she is dressed in her vintage Chanel tracksuit and leopard print heels. Aunt Rosie asks,

"Where are your bag girls?"

We point to the small travel bags and then I say,

"The costume crew is bringing all their costumes and makeup. I can re wear my clothes, and they only need a few casual outfits. It's no problem."

" oh you Ohio girls. Well at least we git you to wear something other than gap," complains aunt Rosie. Cassie and I giggle because Cassie is also wearing her brand new dark green juicy couture tracksuit. "

Cassie pops 2 chocolate Pop tarts on each of our plates and aunt Rosie giggles as she bites into one.

" This is no escargot bourbon but it is definitely a temporary replacement. This is delicious," comments aunt Rosie .

Once we finish I clean the dishes and Cassie and aunt Rosie load the car with our bags even though the driver is there. I run outside and we start our 2 hour ride to the airport. Cassie refrains from asking too many questions buts she can't keep her excitement in.

Once we arrive at the airport aunt Rosie checks us in and we are flying first class even though it's only a 2 hour flight. Actually the car drive to the airport is longer than the flight.

We meet the band at the airports only Michelin star restaurant that was the only restaurant aunt Rosie would even consider sitting at. Of course there is the first class lounge but the other band members are flying economy and we don't want to make them feel downgraded and excluded. Well, we don't want to but aunt Rosie definitely wouldn't mind showing off her big bucks.

The band guys are dressed quite nicely. Not exactly Armani suit but not their casual urban outfitter sale jeans and Beatles jersey.

We discuss the plan for the trip and then start to board the flight. We enjoy our first class seats making the most of them but I fall asleep after 30 minutes of playing a round with fancy buttons on the seat. A proper limousine picks us up from Oklahoma airport and aunt Rosie pours everyone except me a glass of 1976 red wine. Once we reach the studio we all can't believe our eyes. It's a 3 floor studio with glass walls everywhere. The first floor has a bunch of rooms and the 3rd floor has a bunch of rooms also. The 2nd floor is like a huge lounge area with pool, x-box and social media apps on computers and iPads lying around. There are some people inside and aunt Rosie says,

" we have some other bands also recording and the 2nd floor is just a lounging area for relaxation time. You guys will get to meet the 2 other bands chilling here.

" cool" growls Darrel in his hit British accent, well I don't think it's hot, but Cassie does, and apparently aunt Rosie by the way she is flashing him a mischievous smile. I roll my eyes and we all enter the studio. The driver takes our bags to the ritz Carlton where we are staying for 2 nights. We step into a plush red carpet and a lady behind a polished wood desk welcomes us,

" Hello mrs. Kermer, hello kids. How are all of you?"

" Just fine Lucinda, we will be in studio 4," says aunt Rosie walking away. She opens the door to a large studio that amazes the band but I don't really care. They settle in and start to record some songs while I hang out in the lounge with my book. There are a bunch of guys in playing pool and x-box, but sadly they are all older than me and all pretty ugly. Except one guy who is kind of.... Very cute and is walking over to me. He looks 15 and his brown/blond hair is gelled back and reaches his ears. He looks chill in khaki shorts, rubber slippers, and a brooks brothers button up blouse with sleeves pulled halfway up and only half the buttons open exposing his buff and manly chest.

"Hey" he says smiling and showing his glistening white teeth.

I don't feel nervous or scared but I feel safe and comfortable.

" hey" I say flirtatiously.

" so your reading hamlet. Bow Down to Ophelia or polonius or whoever those people are," he says sitting next to me and grabbing my version of 'hamlet.' I giggle and say,

" I don't even know half the things their saying in the book, but I just read it. Reading clears my mind from everything happening in my life."

" and what problems does this little babe have?" Asks him.

I tell him all about Berun and what's happening between us. I tell him about myself and his name is Jesse and he is 15 years old. We talk for about 3 more hours until Cassie calls me on my cell telling me to come down to the studio.

" I have to go," I say getting up.

" I hope to see you again, Clara," Jesse says tracing my cheek with his fingers. We do that whole movie scene where you look at each other eyes and lips and eyes and lips and then we finally pull into a kiss. A slow,deep, passionate kiss that feels right. At that moment I forget all about Berun and I just think about Jesse and how perfect this moment is. My first perfect kiss! Oh god! That remind me, I still have to tell Paige about the whole incident with Bryan. I pull away and then give him one big plop on the kiss and say,

" I would very much like for us to meet again, and maybe do some more of this," I kiss him again and then continue talking," I have to go." I walk away smiling so much that when I get in the studio I can barely eat the French hamburgers they ordered for lunch. Cassie asks me why I'm so excited but I will tell her later. They start rehearsing again so I go back up to the lounge but Jesse is gone. Oh well! I sit down on one of the couches and start to read, thankful that the room is empty. I read for about 4 hours until I'm finished with 'Hamlet' and Aunt Rosie calls me down. We pack up and go to the hotel, but the guys are in a different hotel. We are all pretty tired so Cassie and i get room service for dinner and aunt Rosie goes out. The ritz is a very fancy hotel which means that food is expensive but no worries, it's all going on aunt Rosie's MasterCard. We order a bunch of stuff and I tell Cassie about Jesse. We talk for a while and then go to sleep. It was a pretty eventful day, well for me at least.