Day 29

Vanessa wakes me up at 8 am, because they're leaving for the airport in 30 minutes. Paige is sitting on the dining room table, cautiously sipping hot chocolate. Her normally frizzy, chestnut hair is wet and straight and sleek. She is wearing her old faded Winnie the Pooh shirt tucked into denim jeans. I change into my pink tube skirt, with black tank top and the boots Berun bought me yesterday. I roll my suitcase into the kitchen and start spreading Nutella in bread. Paige is just staring into space, and it's getting quite annoying.
" do you know where your going?" I ask irritatingly, smashing 2 Nutella slathered pieces of bread together. She pretends not to hear me, and doesn't reply.
" fine. Whatever. Your problem, not mine," I say rudely, wrapping the sandwich in cling film and placing it in her bag. Vanessa walks out in her red and black slags, and black tunic top covering her large belly that seems to have grown larger. Her clogs are clapping on the floor, hair dripping wet, and she is rolling a large Tumi suitcase.
" everyone ready," she says locking the door behind her, as we roll into the elevator. We load into the minivan and get to Catalina's house in 1 hour and 30 minutes. I hop out of the van and say,
" bye Vanessa." I glance at paige but she is looking out of the other window.
'Good luck,' I mouth to Vanessa and she drives off. I turn around and Catalina is standing her skimpy, lime green, pajama shorts, peach tank, and a large light blue knit cardigan, with her arms folded, trying to keep warm.
" hey" she says, hugging her arms.
" hey" I say smiling, rolling my suitcase towards her. We head inside and I dump my bag in the corner of her grande room. We grab some cocoa powder and fresh lemons and watch some r rates films that Catalina keeps stored in the....dirty part of her room. For some reasons we love eating plain cocoa powder and lemons. Paige hates them, but we love them. We squeeze lemon in our mouth, we squirm at the bitterness and scoop a tablespoon of coca powder in our mouth to get rid of it, but the powder starts to stick to the lemon, so we squeeze more lemon to wash away the cocoa, but the bitterness overcomes us, and we scoop another tablespoon of cocoa powder in our mouth. The cycle repeats itself. The movie ends at 12 pm and we suddenly feel so....bored. Her parents are at a charity benefit and I had to convince her not to let her brother over because we all know what that leads too. That kind of makes me sad. Both my friends have lost their virginity, and I'm the odd one out. I feel like Blair Waldorf in gossip girl, thedignified,elegant upper east sider who waits for the perfect moment to lose her virginity, unlike Serena van der wooden who lost her virginity in 6th grade with Blairs boyfriend. Screw dignity!
" I'm going to lose it. My virginity. Tomorrow. With Berun of course. Can I use your private tree house to lose my virginity?" I ask, making up the schedule as I speak. Catalina looks surprised and blurts,
" sure."
" great. I'll call Berun," I say excitedly. I call him up and he picks up,
" hey. What's up?" He sounds so chill and relax. I can't wait to stick my tongue down his throat.
" hey! Do you want to come over to Catalina's house tomorrow?" I ask chirping.
" sure. Why do you sound so happy?" He asks suspiciously.
" no reason. Be here by 12. Oh, and don't wear much. Bye," I say quickly hanging up. Catalina and I chuckle and I notice her pull a book out of her shelf. She places a large, pink book, with a cover of a girl straddling a boy, on my lap. I read the front cover,
' tips and tricks.'
I burst out giggling and throw the book in the dustbin.
" we won't be needing that," I laugh. Catalina and I head downstairs to have lunch in her marvelous dining room. We dig into our mouth watering beef Wellington steak, specially prepared by their chef from England. We spend the rest of the day chilling, sipping soda pop and reading fashion magazines. At around 4 pm I ask,
" can we go to the library?"
" sure but my parents have a curfew. 6pm," complains Catalina. I giggle and place my coat on. We catch the train to canton square and walk the rest of the way. Once we enter the library, ms. Jamley gets up and prods Catalina in the tummy.
" you, missy, haven't been here in centuries. I'm still waiting for the first edition Barney and pals series," ms. Jamley croaks, tapping Catalina on the nose. Catalina gives her a fake smile then rushes to me and whispers in my ear,
" hurry the hell up!" I chuckle and walk very slowly to the classic section, ignoring Catalina's annoyed looks. I pull out 3 books which I have probably read but will happily read again. I pull them out very slowly, one by one, until Catalina pulls them out herself, stomps to the checkout desk, and drops them violently. I chuckle and walk over where ms. Jamley is carefully scanning my books.
" I'm glad you've got a smile on your face. Last time you were looking quite down. Poor girl," mutters mrs.jamley, glancing at me occasionally. She places the books in my hands, and waves a see walk away. I remind Catalina that I was down because Berun had just.....something happened between us. We stride out of the store and bang into Berun. Speak of the devil!
" hey. What a surprise to see you here," he grins, flashing his teeth.
" yah. Real surprise. Anyways, we have to go," i say hurriedly, dragging catalina away.