Chapter 22

Chapter 22 - Acelynn

Acelynn touched her ear gently. She winced as she lightly tapped the new earring. It was always sore a couple days after she pierced it. Flipping the sword in her hand she stared intently at Phoenix who was standing on the other side of the ring. It was going to be the second time they fought.

Phoenix flew at her right side, with ease she deflected his sword and swung her own towards his right side. She nearly got his side but he got his sword in front of hers in the nick of time. Their swords flew quickly at each other. One person always attacking and the other deflecting seconds before getting hit by the dull edge of the blade. Acelynn jumped to the right but swung her sword opposite catching Phoenix off guard. Acelynn laughed knocking his sword out of the way. Phoenix's sword flew behind him and he turned to run for it. With ease Acelynn lept forward and knocked him to the ground. She placed her knees on his arms and held her sword to his neck.

"I win," she smirked looking up at General Scott who was nodding approvingly. Hopping off of him Acelynn took off running around the ring in victory. Phoenix laughed shaking his head.

"Phoenix she's a girl, how could you lose?" General Scott seethed. The smile fell from Phoenix's face and he cleared his throat.

"General, she's incredibly good. Acelynn is fast and strong," Phoenix replied keeping his eyes away from Acelynn and General Scott.

"You've been training since you could walk, Phoenix a girl shouldn't be able to beat you that easily. You're weaker than I thought," General Scott spat. Acelynn watched in horror as Phoenix stood up, the metal in the ring was trembling.

"I don't think that you could do any better," Phoenix hissed. General Scott looked smug as he looked over at Acelynn. She cringed as he looked her up and down.

"It would be easy for me," General Scott scoffed. "Acelynn would you like to fight a real man?" He taunted. Acelynn not knowing what to do looked over at Phoenix.

"Acelynn you can do this," Phoenix told her nodding his head. She looked back at General Scott and nodded her head.

General Scott circled around the ring. Fearfully Acelynn moved around the ring away from him. Striking faster than she thought possible the General shot forward and swung his sword towards her. Yelping Acelynn jumped out of the way just barely avoiding the point of his blade. He wasn't using a practice blade. Acelynn hissed and lowered herself into a fighting position. She attacked him, moving faster than he did and she swung her leg out at his feet. She caught his heels and he fell flat on his back. General Scott rolled over hoping back onto his feet. He attacked again his sword jabbing towards her. Acelynn deflected his blade and using the momentum she swung her blade around and back towards him. Pain shot up her arm as their blades met in the middle. General Scott's blade moved away and slashed towards her leg. It ripped through her pants and into the soft skin on the top of her thigh. Golden coloured blood seeped out of the wound. Acelynn cried out and looked down at her leg. Pain seared in her leg and she hissed in anger. This was supposed to be practice no one was supposed to get hurt.

"Acelynn!" Phoenix yelped. She waved him off and stood on her other leg. Moving before she lost too much blood she launched herself into a series of attacks. Her blade was an extension of herself and General Scott struggled to deflect her. Finally her sword whacked the back of his hand and he dropped it quickly rubbing his hand. She kicked his blade out of the ring and pressed her sword to his heart.

"A real man wouldn't hurt a weak girl," Acelynn snarled at him dropping her blade and limping towards the side of the ring. Phoenix leapt over the ring wall and ran towards her. He picked her up and walked out of the ring and out of the training center.

"How bad does it hurt?" Phoenix questioned fear laced in his words. Acelynn leaned her head against his shoulder and shrugged her shoulders.

"Not as bad as one would imagine," Acelynn replied casually. Her leg stung but it wasn't as bad as she had initially thought. "Does it look deep?" She asked

"Oh yes," Phoenix replied trying not to look at the wound on her leg. She laughed a little and then winced as she moved her leg a little. "We're almost there."

They entered the medical wing of the hospital and were instantly met with a doctor. The doctor lead Phoenix over to an open bed and he set her down on it. The doctors worked quickly. They cut the pant leg off and exposed the wound. Acelynn glanced down and grimaced at all the blood she was losing. Acelynn glanced over to where Phoenix was standing moments before and found him gone. Moments later he walked in the door Queen Isa behind him. Phoenix spoke quickly, the Queen glanced over at Acelynn and gave her a sympathetic smile.

Queen Isa

Isa felt her blood boil as Phoenix told her what the General did. She walked briskly towards her husband's office. She knew he wouldn't do anything about it. Orion and Scott were as thick as thieves, she hated it. That man was pure evil. Orion hadn't been that bad when he first became king. He loved his people and didn't want to start wars. Ever since General Scott had become his top advisor things had changed. Orion had purposefully started wars and taken over neighboring countries.

She pounded on his office door and opened it without waiting for an answer. Orion stood up from his chair and glared at Isa. Isa held her ground and glared right back. She could feel the metal of her dress bending at her will. It was ready for her to attack. She wanted to attack.

"Your oh so beloved advisor has injured Acelynn. She's currently in the medical wing. I have had it with him. He has done nothing but cause problems Orion! Can you not see how he has changed you. You once would never have thought of trying to take over Islea and now it's the only thing that you can think about!" Isa shouted. "Orion he hurt a young girl! He has to go!"

"I will deal with it Isa, I'm in the middle of something. Please show yourself out," Orion commanded glaring at his wife. Shaking her head Isa turned on her heel and walked out the door. He was gone, the man she had fallen in love with was gone. He now cared about nothing but his power. She marched back towards the medical wing. She had to make sure that Acelynn was okay, she had to make sure that Phoenix didn't do something he would get him in trouble. She entered the medical wing and walked straight towards the only occupied room. Quietly Isa opened the door and poked her head in. Acelynn was asleep in the bed her legs covered in a blinding white blanket. Phoenix sat beside her in a chair his hand in hers. Isa smiled and closed the door.