Chapter 9

A month went by in no time.
Todoroki was too busy signing contracts with a hair color agency and taking care of his costumers.

His wrist got better and the pain in his stomach went away.
Nevertheless the pain in his mind kept raging on and on, sometimes mitigated by Izuku's presence.

Unfortunately this week had been different: costumers kept his hands busy, his mind free to work its own way.

"Todoroki, how should I color her hair? She want a natural wave of blonde over her brown hair… I am not sure if I should start from the roots… i think it would be better from here"

He said gently showing him the point.

Todoroki nodded his head, caressing the customer's hair.

"You have nice hair, I would suggeste something warmer than blond. How would you like a light brown?"

The girl thought about it for a second or two.

"Ok then, I am in your hands"

Todoroki smiled and instructed Kaminari to grab a towel and to prepare the colour.

"Perfect, I am gonna take care of you" he sai charmingly.

She blushed.

He covered his bottom down shirt with a black apron and put on a pair of latex gloves.
He put on his glasses and was now ready to work.

"Recline your head a bit… perfect. Now I am gonna apply you the hair dye, it will look natural."

He grabbed the little bowl Kaminari prepared with the colour and started spreading it from the roots.
He put down the brushed and used his hands to apply some details.

"You can move your head back, stay still for half an hour and then we are done. Would you like a coffe or some magazines?"

"A coffe would be lovely"

"On your way"

He smiled and sent Ochako to grab a coffe from the bar in front of the shop.

Kaminari started helping another costumer, it was full as per usual.
He was exhausted.

"Kaminari, I am gonna smoke a cigarette, take care of her. If you need help call me"

Kaminari nodded.

He touched Kaminari's back pocket searching for the lighter. Once found he gave him a playful shove and went out.

Outside the weather was gloomy, some drops of water were falling down.
He didn't like these days, they made him think and he didn't want to.

He light up a cigarette, resting the lighter in his back pocket.
He moved his hand trhough his damp hair, he was a bit sweaty.

I need a shower, he thought, and did his hair in a ponytail.
He exhaled the smoke, coughing a bit. He should really stop.

Ochako run back with the coffe in her hand, waving to him before getting inside.

His employees were the best.

He was lost in his thoughts, looking at the clouds moving with the wind. The rainy weather keep him company.
Another puff of smoke covered his vision soon to be spread into the air.

His phone buzzed in his pants startling him from his break.
He took it out inhaling the smoke before throwing it away.

"Hello?"

"Hey…"

And Todoroki swore the sun peeked out from the clouds.

"Izuku… I missed you"