I want answers

Taehyung had finally arranged to meet with his father. In true Chaebol fashion, his father sent a car to pick him up from the dorm to bring him to KHS Pharmaceuticals. His father had gone abroad for months to seal a deal with a US manufacturing company of innovative drugs. KHS Pharmaceuticals became the first Korean pharmaceutical company to export products to the US market through the obtainment of the U.S. FDA approval.

Kim Han-Seul was an ambitious man. He was always after innovation and pushing the limits of the human brain. His dream was to partner with a hospital and open a special ward where selected patients with certain health conditions would be treated. The hospital and the pharmaceutical company would have an exclusive partnership, sharing data and creating a new drug. But such partnerships were hard to come by.

Also, this company was a family business; it was passed down from generation to generation. Taehyung was naturally to inherit the director's seat once his father was to retire, but Taehyung had no interest in any of this. Since an early age, he was dedicated to music. When he became a trainee, he had auditioned without his parents' knowledge. Once he passed, he had no choice but to come clean to them about his passion. This caused a rift between father and son. It was unheard of that a Kim would not be a successor. 

His father eventually came around to the idea, not wanting to alienate his only child from him. He decided to support his dream, but he was left with no one to take his place. It will be left to the board to vote for a new director when the time comes. This had always pained Kim Han-Seul's heart.

----------------------------------------

KHS Pharmaceuticals, Director's Office, Kim Han-Seul

Knock knock

Kim Han-Seul: "Come in."

A young man in a slim fit suit and pastel blue hair made his way in and bowed to the director. 

Kim Han-Seul: "Welcome son!" he said as he stood up to embrace Taehyung.

Taehyung: "Dad, welcome back to Korea."

Kim Han-Seul: "Thank you Taehyung-ah; it's been too long. You look good. Have you fully recovered?"

Taehyung: "I have, don't worry," he said, giving him a small smile.

They sat at a long coffee table, away from the main desk. Warm drinks were brought in the secretary before she left and closed the door behind herself carefully.

Kim Han-Seul: "So, you told me a few months ago you wanted to discuss something with me. Before we start, I want to say something. Taehyung-ah, mianhe. Please, forgive your appa for not being as available as you'd like me to be. As I should be. I'm just trying to secure our family's future and safety, but as a result, I have missed a lot of important things related to your career and life in general. When I heard of your accident, it was through the news. Not even directly from someone close, or even yourself but through the news. And by the time the news came out, the accident had already happened a week prior. I felt like a failure, but most importantly, I felt sorry for you to have a father like me."

These words warmed Taehyung's heart. Yes, he had everything, yes he was in the most successful band on Earth, but he had lost his mother and his father was barely around. Hearing his father acknowledge his shortcomings was heartwarming.

Kim Han-Seul: "I want to make it up to you. What can I do for you? How can I make it up to you? Please, tell me what to do, because I don't want to get it wrong," he pleaded.

Taehyung: "There is one thing I want. I want answers."

The older male tilted his head to the side in confusion.