Chapter 1

Caitlyn

"A girl like me doesn't belong anywhere "

It was a normal day, I had a small breakfast, went to school late like always, had boring lessons and I kept fidgeting with my pencil. See? A completely normal day for a high-school student. 

I pretended to listen to teachers, forgot to bring in my homework and got told off for being irresponsible. 

You can't expect me to be a perfect student, I had ADHD. Because of that, people look at me weirdly as if my face is deformed. They keep their distance as if ADHD was contagious, but they always try to be polite.  You can easily tell that school wasn't the best place for a girl like me.

After school, I waited in the cold for my mum to pick me up. She was always late for everything. When there's a party, she'll arrive at least 30 minutes late because she was 'busy' choosing something to wear. 

After 20 minutes, she finally arrived with the car full of her shopping. I tried my best to move the groceries off my seat. No such luck. When I finally found space to sit down, we took off. 

"Was your excuse going to be that you were busy choosing eggs?" I asked my mum. She looked at me sheepishly and she apologised. It was expected of her anyway.

We went to pick my younger sister up from her school. As soon as she got in the car, she started blabbing about her day at school. "It was the best day ever! We learned how to add 40 and 30, guess what? It's 70!" I zoned out after a minute of her talking and stared outside the car window.

Trees past by the window, the clouds were slowly moving across the sky as I started to remember the incident the day before.

I was in my room, minding my own business when I heard a knock on the door. "Come on in!" I called out. 

Then, my dad walked in with a serious look on his face. He stood in front of me uncomfortably as he passed his hand through his head when he felt insecure. I waited for a few minutes for him to do something, but he kept passing his hand through his hair. 

I was starting to get impatient when I asked "What do you need?". 

He looked around as if he was making sure we were alone. I felt uneasy but I managed to hide it from my face. My dad still hadn't said anything, but then he suddenly took hold of my shoulders. 

I felt a shock go through my body, filling it with a warm sensation. My mind seemed to clear my thoughts and my head felt like a balloon. 

But seconds after that, it felt like as if I were being struck by a bolt of lightning. I felt my consciousness slowly fade away when a thought struck me.

He's trying to hurt me, I had to do something.

I pushed my dad away from me, scared for his sake. Had he lost his mind?

I pushed him so hard that he fell back sprawled over the floor. I looked at him with disbelief.

Before I could help my dad up, he sat up and brushed himself down. " I'll leave you to keep doing whatever you're doing". Before I could protest, he left the room, leaving me speechless.

I tried to remember why I had pushed him but my head felt light, I couldn't remember anything that had happened. It was only the next day I had been able to remember.

I was still thinking about it until now. I remembered how weird I felt and how shocked I felt because my dad acted as if nothing happened.  What happened to my dad? Why was he acting so weird?

I stared into the clouds hoping for an answer.

Author's note:

Thank you for reading the first chapter! Please, constructive criticism is highly recommended and if you see any gramatical mistakes, let me know!Hope you enjoy!
Peace out :)