Fifteen

Fabian's POV

 "Freddie?" I whispered into the dark. "What did Mum and Dad really do?"

I was only asking because I knew that he had answers. Freddie always knew stuff about the pack that we weren't supposed to. He knew why they had left and most likely where they had gone. He didn't answer for so long that I thought he was still asleep. I rolled over to face away from my twin when he answered.

"They killed someone." He whispered back. "One of the healer's, I think. I don't know where they've gone, just that they've been exiled."

"They won't be able to handle that though. We're traditional."

"I'm traditional." Freddie spat. "You couldn't care less if we were in a pack or not."

"That's not true," I argued quietly. "I know you love being a part of the pack. I don't care what kind of pack it is, as long as I've got you."

Freddie sighed. "We're all we have now, aren't we?"

"We're the only blood family we have left."

"I'm just glad it's you and not somebody that I can't stand to be around." He laughed.

"Same here."

--------
-----------

"Hello?" I called out into the seemingly empty packhouse.

I knew they'd left us. I saw it coming a few months ago. And for once, I don't think Freddie saw it coming. He would never believe that the whole pack had just up and left. It would have made more sense for them to throw us out of the pack. But they didn't. And Freddie wasn't taking it well at all.

"Why would they just leave us, Fabian?" He yelled. "What did we do?"

"We didn't do anything." I soothed. "They've treated us differently ever since they exiled our parents. We aren't pack to them; we haven't been for a long time."

"What are we going to do now?" Freddie whimpered. "We don't have a pack, we're rogues."

"We aren't rogues." I countered. "Rogues have to be exiled; we haven't been. They left us."

I drew in a deep breath before continuing.

"We don't need them, Freddie," I said softly, pulling my brother into a hug. "I have you and you have me. We're it, remember? We're all we have now."

"I know."

--------
-----------

"Fabian?" Freddie called from the kitchen table.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

My face scrunched in confusion as I turned to face my brother. "What for?"

"I'm not your brother." He answered quietly.

"What in the hell are you talking about?" I said incredulously. "We shared a womb for nine months, of course, you're my brother."

"That's not what I mean," Freddie replied. "I mean, I'm not a boy."

"You're not a boy?" I couldn't help the confusion that flowed through me. It took me too long to realise what he meant. "Are you saying that you're transgender?"

Freddie looked up at me with tears in his eyes. "Yeah, I guess I am. I understand if you want me to leave. I didn't expect you to want me around after I told you."