Chapter III: Extended Vocabulary

*Nobody's POV*

"What are they doing?" Karlos sighed and ran upstairs to the source of the noise, Anita, Regina and Ladislao soon followed afterwards. "What is going on?!" Kendal had pinned David to the ground, twisting his arm. She got of him when she heard the voice of her father.

________

"I have a feeling things are going to be a whole lot interesting," said Kenton. "I can't wait for them to come down, I bet it's something stupid!"

"Knowing David, it is probably something stupid."

Kalum took a big slice of cake and ate it quickly. "Whoa, slow down Kal!"

"I can't, I have to eat it quickly before mum and dad come down."

"I don't think they would even care they would busy dealing with Kendal"

"Really?" Kenton nodded, then Kalum another slice but then ate it slowly.

"When I said that I didn't mean eat the whole thing, leave some leftovers!"

"Aw." Isabelle laughed at him. "They're so cute at that age."

*Kendal's POV*

"Nothing."

"Nothing?! You were about two snap my arm into two!" David was still laying on the floor.

"Good, you deserved it anyway!"

"Why? What did he do and why are you here David, I thought you wanted to use the toilet." His mum asked.

"Yeah, that's really good question."

"I don't know okay, I guess I shouldn't of been so nosey okay."

"I'm glad you know that, now move!" He sat up, I quickly picked up the photoframe.

"What is that?" they asked

"Oh nothing... It's just a photo."

"What photo?" Mum asked. I just stared at her blankly. "Oh, that one! He was laughing at it wasn't he." David didn't say anything but my mum just smirked

"Mum."

"That one was even that bad, there's an even worse one of you in front room."

"Really? I have to see that one!" David laughed

"Mum!" Did she want me to die of embarrassment?

She took the photoframe off of me. "Aw, year nine wasn't a good year for you wasn't it..." she cooed. "Thinking about it... Neither was year eight. And it wasn't a good year for your friends either." She said as she looked the photo, dad just laughed.

"Yeah, I know." Dad joined in with her.

I gasp. "Are my own parents calling me ugly?"

"We didn't say that sweetie... You did. Just be happy that you and your friends have changed... a lot"

"Yeah I think you're forgetting how I look depends you two." I stuck my hands out.

"Yes, we know. Look at you now, I think we did a pretty good job honey."

"Yeah, we did."

"Gee thanks, now I know got my modesty from you as well." I say sarcastically

"Personally, I don't think the photo is bad at all." said Regina.

"Thank you so much, at somebody's on my side."

"Come on, let's go downstairs. The rest are probably wondering what's going on." The parents headed downstairs. Just as I was about to head downstairs, but David held my arm.