Chapter VI: A Fortnight

*Kendal's POV*

Yes, David was cheeky but he acted completed different when his friends where around, at least Thiago was nice and knew I wasn't happy. I think I'm going to have rethink our special arrangement if he continued to act like this with other people around.

_________

I continued to walk home still thinking about what David said to me, I saw a girl who long dark hair standing on the other side of street. I didn't know whether she was looking at me, I was just probably being paranoid, I continued walking and noticed her walking over in my direction through the corner of my eye. I stopped in my tracks and waited for her to come over.

"Hi..." I said politely

"Hello, sorry was it that obvious that I was looking you?"

"Yeah, kind of. It's really easy to notice when we are the only people on the street." I joked

"I'm sorry, I just haven't seen you around here before. Are you new to the area?"

"Yeah."

"When you did move here."

"Just over a fortnight ago."

"Fortnight?" She seemed pretty confused.

"Sorry, I'm meant just over two weeks. I'm still getting used to way you guys word and say things around here."

"It's okay, I just learnt a new word."

"Yeah, but there's not much you can use that word for."

"True, but at least it's something..." The conversation fell flat, just as I was about to tell her I had that I was leaving she spoke her up again. "You sure work first don't you?"

Now I was confused. "What do you mean? Could you be a little clearer please."

"You said you moved here just over two weeks ago."

"Yeah... so that what does that have do to with me working really fast?" Now I was the one that was confused.

"I saw you with Neymar, Oscar, Willian, Thiago and David." Why the hell did she put some much emphasis on David's name.

"Why? Are you friends with them or something?"

"I guess you could say that..."

"Not to be rude or anything but if there's supposed be a punchline or some sort of special catch you're supposed to tell me, just stay it because I really just want to go home."

"I don't know what you did but you don't want to people get the wrong idea around here"

"Why should I take advice from someone I don't even know the name of, let alone have to look down to talk to."

"You've only been here for 2 seconds and-"

"And nothing, I have a feeling I know what you're going to say and all I have to say is I'm David's nothing okay before you get your pitchforks out."

"How did you know I was going to talk about him, by the way?"

"Oh please, you couldn't of been much more obvious."

"I'm glad you know that already." She spat

"And what if I didn't? What would you have done?" I sneered.

"Oh I'm not scared of you, I think a little competition is good once in a while. It makes it much more interesting, he says it's over but he always ends up crawling back to me." Then something clicked, I finally knew who she was.

"Oh David's told me about you actually." Although I was kind of pissed at David it didn't hurt to have a bit of fun with this crazy bitch. "If he is so desperate, why the hell did he tell me to beat you up so you would leave him alone last week?"