Babysitting!

"Brad, we're only watching the kids one day. Did you really have to redo the whole yard for them?"

"Of course I did, I want to be the fun babysitter."

I roll my eyes, walking back into the house to see that Molly just got here and is getting the kids out of her car.

"Hi, honey!" I hug Jane when she runs up to me "Are we going to have fun today?"

"Yeah! I brought my toys!"

I take Billy from Molly, who looks very relieved to have a day to herself for once.

"Thanks again for doing this, I really appreciate it. I wasn't looking forward to dragging the two of them with me while shopping for everything."

"Don't worry about it, I miss babies." I hold Billy closer, taking in all the cuddles I can get "Mine don't let me hold them anymore."

I take the kids inside to roam around the house while Brad continues setting up some ridiculous contraption in the backyard that they probably won't even like. Kaid runs downstairs as I walk in, begging me to let him have Billy.

"Mom, I'm capable of watching a baby. He doesn't even know how to talk, he can't do anything bad."

"Kaiden, when you were his age you tore apart your whole crib in the middle of the night... all while not talking."

He reaches out for Billy and of course the little traitor wants Kaiden, so I find Jane to make sure she hasn't destroyed anything in the last few minutes.

"We go play dress up?" She jumps around in front of me very impatiently waiting for an answer.

"Sure, let's go up to my closet. You can try on my stuff."

"Yay!" She runs up the steps in front of me, reminding me of how much enegery small children have stored up "I wanna try allllll your shoes!"

"Whatever you want, honey. Just try not to make a huge mess."

As soon as the closet door is open, she darts in trying to find my side so she can take over everything for the day. I stand and watch as she amazingly stretches herself so far that she can reach everything, even the top shelf when using the little bench we have.

"Just be careful, Jane. I don't want you getting hurt."

"I'm suuuuper careful!" She exclaims, just as she's about to tip over the bench. I jump up to save her, but she somehow gets her footing right and resolves everything while holding a pair of shoes safely in her arms.

"How'd you do that?"

"I'm careful!"

"Okay, well maybe you shouldn't stand on the bench like that."

I help her carry the shoes she likes over to the mirror, letting her pick out a few dresses as well so she can see the whole outfit.

"It's soooooooo cute!!!"

She admires herself, doing a cute little dance as she does her best spins to show off the outfit.

"You look beautiful, should we take a picture?"

"Yeah!"

I get her to pose, which of course she needs to do elaborately, and take the best picture I can get.

"What is going on in here?" Brad walks up behind me looking around the closet "Why is this child wearing half your wardrobe?"

"Because she's adorable and it's keeping her entertained."