Fight

"Okay Josh I tell you when we get there no stupid jokes" Ally says fixing Josh's shirt as we're driving to Cameron's parents "Come on Ally you're worst then mom, I'm sure they will like my jokes"

"Trust me Josh you don't want Ally to get mad at you there" "She won't get mad because she's my baby sister" he says squeezing her cheeks together "Stoop! you're sick Josh I'm your big sister"

"You guys are really worst than Kaid and his friends sometimes, you guys never grew up" Brad says "Remember this time he threw up on Catie and she was so worried about him she started to cry" I laugh

"Oh my god yeah, it was so so sad...your daughter is way too emotional like you" "And YOU are sooo gross! You threw up on your sister" Ally gently push her, making fun of him

"Oh come on he was like one year old, the weird thing is that like an hour before he was running naked in the living room with dad desperately trying to catch him"

"Ooookay enough about baby Josh please mom" he almost screams clearly embarrassed "Yeah Jen save some of it for his wedding" Brad says as we finally pull up to their house

"Oooh don't worry about that" we get out of the car then Brad rings the door bell "I'm gonna make goooood jokes" "You're clearly dead if you do that-Hiii Sharon"

"Hi guys how are you? Come in please"
She greats us in a beautiful hallway with a huge chandelier "You have a really nice house Sharon" "Oh thank you Jennifer, Andrew actually designed downstairs"

"Well that's really great" She leans us to the garden where there's some Jazz music playing while Andrew is  finishing the table "Hi Andrew," "Oh hi Brad and Jen how are you guys? I'm sorry I just finished cooking"

"That's very okay," Cameron and Josh go near the swimming pool while Brad and Andrew are talking and Sharon ans I are having a glass of wine "So tell me Jen what time did you have your first daughter?"

"I was 26 why?" "Well you look very young for having a 24 year old daughter already" she smiles "thank you so much, although I had her kind of late, trust me I can feel I'm growing old inside haha, you are a really nice woman too"

"Thank you...do you have any movies going on right now?" "I'm starting shooting in a month a new thriller and then I'm directing another" "Well that's great..."

"Hey mom, Sharon..." Ally eventually walks over, looking slightly worried about what we could be talking about "I thought maybe you two could work together on a project for St. Jude's sometime, that way you get to know each other."

"That would be great!" I turn towards Sharon, who happily agrees "I'd love to get to know you better, and you'll tell me more about St.Judes."

"Dinner is ready!" Andrew calls out all of us, standing at the table with Brad. We all take our seats as Josh and Cam take their time getting back inside.

"So Brad, have you taken the new car out racing yet?" Andrew sits across from us, filling our wine glasses as he speaks "Cameron told me how great it is."

"I've raced it up and down the alley behind our house, but nothing major yet. Don't want her getting scratched."

"Yes, because that would obviously be devastating."

"I take it you aren't a fan of the new car?"

"We haven't exactly agreed on the need for it, especially since it's unconvienent to take multiple cars."

Ally glares over at us, letting us know it's time to change the conversation before we get too upset.

"This chicken is delicious," I finally start to eat, "So is the wine. They go perfectly together."

"We actually got this wine at a vineyard we visited last month." Sharon hands me the bottle "It's our last of it, we plan on going back to get some more."

After a few quiet seconds, Ally exclaims as she remembers something.

"Oh Sharon, I wanted to tell you how much I love your pants! They're the perfect shade of blue."

"Aw, thanks honey! You can borrow them sometime, I share clothes with Madeline all the time and she's twelve, so they should fit you perfectly."

"Funny, I don't remember you and the girls ever sharing clothes..." Brad turns towards me, trying to be funny "They would have had a field day going through your closet."

"Madeline loves it. I wear a lot of stuff from high school yet, so she thinks that's hilarious and is always fighting with me over outfits. I'm kinda amazed that we can share so easily."

I start to tense up as I know what Brad's thinking right now. He's going to make another uncomfortable joke about my looks, or weight, considering Sharon looks like she's either never had kids, or paid a ridiculous amount of money to have a teenager's body. I know he might not mean these comments, but they hurt so much more than he'll ever know.

"Some people still fit things from high school," Brad leans over, nice enough to at least whisper it, "That would be funny to see you try to fit in your old stuff."

I take a deep breath, keeping myself calm as I think of an excuse to get away from here, from Brad.

"Excuse me, I'll be right back. Just need to use the bathroom quick."

As I walk out, I hear murmurs about making sure I'm okay, followed by loud laughter from Brad, who is showing no sympathy towards me.

I make it to the bathroom before the tears start and the explosion erupts. I can hardly hold myself up, thinking about how my husband, the one who promised to always stay faithful and love me through anything, could talk to or about me like this.

It feels like I'm being torn apart. Like the one person I trust more than anyone in the world is slowly betraying me as we grow apart. I should have never let the kids, or our lives get between us. I should have focused more on me and us, making sure I'm taking better care of myself.

But this isn't my fault. He shouldn't make me feel like this.

I finally pull myself back together enough that I can safely join everyone again, but as I hear the laughter and talk of clothing again, I know I can't do this. I can't sit next to a man who refuses to defend me based on my looks alone.

"I need your keys," I stand behind Brad, reaching my hand out. He turns towards me shocked, playing it off as nothing.

"Brad, give me the freaking keys!"

Everyone eventually turns towards us, with Ally looking terrified about how we're acting.

He gets up, pulling me aside to the hallway, obviously not happy.

"What the hell is going on with you?"

"I want to go, Brad. I need to get out of here, away from you. I need our house."

"Get me the fuck out of here or let me leave myself. I don't want to be trapped with you here. I'm just so fucking sick of feeling defenseless around you."

"Okay, okay. We'll go home."

I go out to the car, not able to even thank anyone as I walk out, knowing I'm about to break down at any second.

"You know, that was kind of rude."

He finally gets in the car, turning it on as we wait for the kids.

"I had to make up a lie about you not feeling well so we wouldn't look bad."

"Just shut up, Brad. I don't want to hear it."

The kids eventually get in, both unsure of what is happening, but not sure how to act.

"Let's just get home."