Field trip

"Dad!" Kaid jumps on the bed next to me taking over Jen's spot "Get up!"

I turn over to see him staring at me as I start waking up, having no idea why he's even here.

"My field trip, dad!  You signed the thingy saying you would go."

"Kaiden we both know I didn't sign anything for this..."

I start getting myself up as Jen walks in the room looking a little too happy to be up this early.

"You guys ready for your field trip?  You have to be at the school in an hour."

I follow her into the bathroom, closing the door behind us as she starts her morning routine.  She doesn't seem to phased about how confused I am right now, continuing like it's a completely normal morning.

"So when did I sign this paper?  Was I drinking?"

"Nah, you weren't home when he brought it home and I didn't feel like going." She casually turns on the shower, walking in as I stand there "I signed your name.  He wanted you to go more than me anyway."

I pull open the shower door, starting to get way more upset than I expected this early.

"You FORGED my signature?!  Jennifer!"

"Only your first name.  We have the same last name so that doesn't count.  Relax, take your son and his friends and have fun."

"JENNIFER!"

"WILLIAM!"

"MOM!  DAD!

We both turn to see Kaiden standing at the entrance looking very pissed off because I'm not nearly ready for the day.

"We have to go soon!  Mom promised we would pick up Connor on the way."

"This isn't funny, Jennifer." I turn the water all the way to cold as she laughs, quickly following Kaiden out of the bathroom.

"Braaaaad!  You're such an asshole!"

I ignore her screech as the water finally hits her, turning to Kaid for help.

"I will give you $20 to lie to your mom and teacher and say we both just got hit by the stomach bug and can't make it today."

"But dad!  This is actually a cool field trip.  We're going to that place with all the cruise ship things!"

"It's a museum, Kaiden." Jen walks out of the bathroom covered in a towel rolling her eyes "And you both look perfectly fine right now.  Don't even try me."

"Well we pissed her off already."

"No, you did.  You're the one that made the water cold."

"Let's not point blame.  So anyway, is this like a dock museum?"

I follow Kaid downstairs as we grab all the crap Jen has sitting out for us since she knows I would forget everything. 

"Do we get to go on a ship?"

"I don't know but I want to.  I think we get to see how they upgrade them or something.  At least that's what mom told me."