Girly Day

"Hey mom," Ally and Catie turn the corner into my office "Let's go home, we have wine."

"Girls it isn't even noon yet. I'm too old to start drinking already."

"You're just boring." Ally rolls her eyes as he grabs my arm "Come on. You can finish whatever you're doing tomorrow."

"Yeah, work isn't that important when you can be hanging out with us."

"Okay I love you both, but I really need to finish this or your dad will be pissed. I was supposed to do it yesterday and got distracted."

"Distracted how?"

"None of your business. It was a long day."

I pull put the scripts I'm supposed to be working on, hoping they get the point and leave me alone.

"We have your favorite wine though, we used our hard earned money to buy it just for you. You can't say no to that."

As I'm about to answer them, Brad walks in looking very confused.

"Why are they here?"

"We're trying to get her away but she won't leave."

"Yeah, cause she's waiting for me. I promised her chocolate."

"Really, you're ignoring us for your husband and chocolate? We're your daughters, we should be higher up on the list. We even brought wine!"

"I'm not as annoying as you guys can be, she loves me more." Brad leans in for a kiss as he finishes talking, trying to make his last statement believable.

"You know, maybe I could use a few drinks. Sorry baby."

I get up, grabbing my stuff as Brad slouches in my chair looking very unhappy.

"You guys are terrible, it isn't even noon yet. Get better jobs."

"Uh, I have a great job. I just got off from a week of working nonstop, so I'll drink if I want." Catie rolls her eyes turning towards him "And Jake is away for the weekend so I'm celebrating."

"Yeah, and I married rich. I did what you always told me I'd need to do, so I don't have to work every day."

"Whatever, just don't be calling me when you do something stupid."

We walk out, leaving Brad to play games on my computer while we go to have some real fun.

"When did our lives turn so boring," Ally looks over at Catie as she drives "We're about to be day drinking with our mother. What happened to us?"

"Hey! I'm not that uncool. Give me some credit. I taught you guys how to have fun."

"Sure you did, mom."

I sit in the back, looking through all the bottles they have ready for the day, shocked they don't have more.

"You guys only have a few bottles, what did you do with the rest?"

"Well Josh asked me for one last night, and then when I got back home Jake's sister was over so we drank the other two before he had to leave this morning."

"Are you really trying to get us to drink more?"

"No, not you two. I wanted more. I need it."

We eventually get to our house where we quickly unload the wine and I head into the bar for glasses.

"We can start with lemonade mimosas," Catie walks in with some lemonade "Since it's technically still morning."

"Works for me." Ally takes the bottles, putting the smallest drop of lemonade in before taking the champagne to top it off.