Chapter 66-Four Gems and a Baby

A/N: Alright back to the main story. I hope you guys enjoy this one. Included is a quick drawing of what Black looks like in this flashback. I'm working on the next In Greyscale chapter. It was written before the last one, so I'm going to add some things and finishing touches to it. The alternate event of Chapter 64 - Last One Out of Beach city is also on the agenda.

I hope you guys are ready because we're about to jump into the heavy stuff from there on out.

As always, I'm still taking questions and if you have an episode you want me to write or a scenario for me to consider give me a holler.

----------------------------

Within the cozy home of the Crystal Gems nearly the entire family waited out the seemingly never-ending downpour of snow outside. "It's amazing! The snow just keeps falling and falling!" Steven smiled looking out the window. "I'm glad you're staying here with us, dad." Steven mentioned walking back to where everyone minus Black Diamond was huddled up by the fireplace.

"Yeah, me too buddy," Greg exclaimed from his spot on the couch. "It's way too cold to stay in the van during this blizzard. Besides, the heater in the van hasn't worked since I got that sweet mini-disc player installed, which I do not regret." Greg bragged.

Black rolled his eyes at his comment, walking into the room with four steaming bowls of beef stew. "You should care. If you keep installing all of these things that van is bound to give out on you. Pearl even offered to look at it for you. Though that wasn't an easy thing to get her to agree to." Black scolded, muttering that last bit to himself, not missing the way Pearl tensed at the mentioned agreement.

Greg just laughed, "But, you gotta admit that it is cool, Blare. It changes colors and everything. You can put up to 14 CDs in that baby." Black Diamond just shook his head barely concealing a smile at the man's antics. That disc player was pretty sweet.

Black Diamond choosing to not comment. He passed the bowls to Steven and Greg, and a large mixing bowl to Amethyst before settling down next to Garnet with a bowl to share. Smiling brighter as he saw Steven laugh at his father's light scolding.

"I've never seen it snow like this before." Steven commented, taking a seat next to his dad on the couch. "That's not entirely true." Garnet corrected.

"Really?" Steven asked, sitting up a bit. This sounded like the start of a great story.

"You mean back when-" Pearl didn't finish her sentence but found herself chuckling at the memory. "That was about 14 years ago. There was a snowstorm happening just like this around then." Pearl explained.

Black chuckled, "A fond memory, all things considered."

That only made Steven more eager to hear the story now. "14 years," Steven thought for a second, "Hey, I'm 14 years!" Steven exclaimed.

"That's right, little man. You were only a few months old. And it was snowing so hard, I thought we were going to become Snowman and Snowman Jr., son of Snowman." Greg started.

Black gasped dramatically clasping his chest, "I'm offended Greg. I thought we were true pals back then." Black looked up, his eyes glistening with fake tears. "Do you really think I would have let you and little Steven freeze?"

Greg sheepishly rubbed the back of his head at that, "Well you guys were going through your own thing at the time. I kinda thought we were on our own, but you're right I'm sorry I never thought to ask for your help."

"No apology needed Greg," Black waved his hand as if it would clear the unneeded words from the air. "Don't think too hard on it besides it worked out anyway, and even if it didn't, I'm sure you would have come to one of us eventually," Black smiles, taking a spoonful of soup.