Chapter Eight

"Try...try....What again?" John swallowed waiting for Paul to finish his sentence. He had never been this nervous ever before. Not around any woman or a bloke. "You...." John paused. "You mean the kiss Macca?"

      Paul slowly began to nod his head. Still keeping his eyes and nose on the ground, not daring to look up. "Yes." He whispered tears beginning to drop from his eyes. Why am I so damn weak all the time? He thought. I shouldn't be feeling these things for a bloke! It's wrong and illegal!

      "Macca?" John questioned as Paul looked up from the floor. "What are you feeling? Are you scared, ashamed?" Paul nodded. "Oh, Love," John started. "You should never feel ashamed of who you are."

      "Well I am." Paul said. "I can't help being scared and ashamed because I'm doing something illegal. That I like a bloke. That I kissed him twice and now, I can't stop thinking about him."

       John's heart fluttered every time Paul spoke the next word. John liked Paul. And Paul liked him back.

      "Well, you know Macca," John whispered as he pulled Paul as close as they could be. "It's not illegal in my book. Love is love."

      Paul began to sweat and curse under his breath. No. This couldn't happen again. It was wrong and he shouldn't be doing it. However, at the same time, he liked it. He wanted them to stay close forever.

      And Paul got his wish when they kissed. But this time it was Paul who couldn't wait. He was the first one to lean in. The first one to smash their lips together. The first one to make the first move. And he was happy. Happy that he was with John. Happy with the way their relationship was going. Happy that he made the first move. Happy in that one little moment that was such a small portion of their lives.

     Paul let his hands run through John's hair as John smiled and giggled into the kiss. They pulled away, needing to breath. But John went back in kissing down and around Paul's neck. He pulled away and looked Paul in the eyes.

     "Are you okay?" John questioned while nodding.

     "Better than ever." Paul smiled. "Are you okay?"

      "I'm great."

      John took Paul's hand in his, and the two men intertwined fingers. Paul sighed as they laid down on the bed.

*

      John laid on his back with Paul's head resting on his shoulder. Their fingers were still intertwined.

      "Where are the other lads, anyways?" Asked Paul. "Isn't this supposed to be a band practice?"

      John chuckled. "I lied."

     "What?" Paul looked up at John in a surprised, but teasing way.

     "I just wanted to have some alone time with you since, you know, we weren't speaking to each other for the longest time." John replied. "But, it kind of blew up when we had the argument."

      "Well, we kissed didn't we?" Paul said as he stretched out, looking up at John and gave him a peck on the lips. "And I'll tell, you. I enjoyed it."

      "Yeah. I guess I enjoyed it too." Said John pretending to act sad.

      Paul nudged him in the rib cage with his elbow. "If this happens every time you lie to me, then I don't mind."

Thanks for reading. -Liz :)