Chapter Thirteen

The next morning, John woke up, expecting to find Paul next to him after he had crashed in his room, but he reached over beside him and only felt an empty space and a dent in the mattress.

     Where could he be? Thought John while remembering his conversation with Paul last night. Basically Paul had asked John how everything went and if him and Stu made up. He told him everything was fine and that they would talk more about it in the morning. But now they couldn't since Paul was nowhere to be found.

     John sat up also thinking about his conversation with Stu. And the big question. John was glad him and Stu had made up, but why would Stu ask that question? He knew being queer was illegal, so why would he expect John, the tough lad to be queer? And more importantly, why would John lie to Stu? He told Stu everything. And even Stu said that he wouldn't judge him if he was. And John was a damn coward and lied.

     John sighed, not knowing what to do about his situation.

     Well, I should probably go find Paul first, he thought. But as soon as he thought of that, Paul walked right through the door.

     "Ah I see you're up love." He said.

     "Good morning to you too." John chuckled as he walked over to Paul and kissed him, running his hands through his hair. "Where were you when I woke up?" John asked as he pulled away.

     "I just had to make a call down at the pay phone on the street." Paul replied.
"But we'll talk about that in a second. First, I want to hear about what happened with Stuart. I know you guys made up but what happened?"

     John began to speak as Paul smiled. "He's getting suspicious."

     "About what?"

     "About George." John said sarcastically. "About us? What else?!"

     Paul blushed. "Sorry." He mumbled. "What makes you think so?"

     "He literally asked me if I was queer. And then asked if we were in a relationship."

     "What did you tell him?" Paul asked.

     "I lied. But he told me he wouldn't judge me."

     "Still." Paul replied. "It's better that he doesn't know. Not yet at least."

     "Yeah, but, I just feel bad for lying. He's my best mate after all." John said sadly. "But I know you don't want to tell him so we won't."

     "You're a great boyfriend?" Paul smiled at John and gave him a dreamy look which made John blush. "You know that, right?"

     "Yeah I know." John said while joking. "But you're amazing too."

     Paul laughed. "That's why I want to take you to see my family. Or at least my dad and brother."

     John's eyes widened. He had met Paul's family before and Jim, Paul's father definitely did not like John. He thought he was a bad influence on Paul.

      Paul could see the nervousness in John's eyes. "Y'know, just cause you're my boyfriend and all."

      "Well yeah, but your dad hates me. Are we going to tell him about us?"

     "No," Paul paused and walked over to John, sitting next to him and putting John's hand in his. "but it'll be a special experience for us."

      "Aw that's too bad, because I wanted to tell Jim McCartney that I am crazy about his son." John smiled as Paul blushed.

      Then John put his lips against Paul's and the two stayed like that for a long, long time

Thanks for reading. -Liz :)