Chapter Twenty-Three

Paul stood at the door to his and John's hotel room, trying to find the right key to unlock the door. John stood right behind him, peering over his shoulder, waiting eagerly to get inside. Paul knew John had just wanted to lay down and sleep. Paul, on the other hand, was excited to explore. Sleep could wait, he thought.

       Paul moved the key that didn't work to the right of the ring. He picked up the next one and began to try and open the door.

       He could hear John sigh lightly in exhaustion, right beside him. He knew he was tired, but did he really have to be that cranky?

       "Is it working, Macca?" He asked.

      Paul didn't reply, he just continued to try and open the door.

     "Yes!" He exclaimed as the door opened. He let John in first, and then he came in right after him.

      John threw his backpack on the floor and took off his shoes. Not even bothering to change, he flew down on the bed, making a mess. He struggled to pull the covers out from underneath him. He finally succeeded, and grabbed a pillow.

      "Paul." He groaned.

     "What, Love?" Paul replied while looking into the bathroom.

      "Come lay down with me." John said in sort of a demanding way.

      "In a second."

      John groaned once again.

     "I just want to check the balcony, look over the view. Do you want to come?" Paul asked, close to stepping outside on the balcony.

      "No." John answered. "I'll see it tomorrow."

      "Alright then. I'll be there in a couple of minutes." Paul promised.

     "Ok." Paul could see John's eyes begin to flutter shut, which meant that he had a couple more minutes outside.

       Paul walked outside. His eyes widened with the sights in front of him.

      "Wow." He whispered.

      What he saw was the city of Paris. Except it was illuminated. Thousands of yellow and white lights filling his eyes. And above all that, stood the Eiffel Tower, giving off the most light. The lights were so bright that Paul could see the people below him walking, shopping, kissing, doing whatever they pleased.

      A wind blew Paul's hair in front of his eyes, causing him to shiver and put his arms crossed, over himself. However, he still could not keep his eyes off of this city. He knew he was going to love it here.

      Paul walked back inside, hoping John was still up, so he could show him this city. But when he approached the bed he saw that he was asleep. Laughing to himself, he took his shoes off and crawled into bed. He wrapped his arms around John, pulling him close. He kissed the top of his head, and drifted off to sleep.

*

      John woke with his back facing the outside. He knew the door was open from the chill that was coming upon him. He slowly rolled over, looking ahead of him. He saw a slight glance of Paul and decided to get out of bed.

       He walked out of the door, and leaned on the balcony waiting for Paul to notice him. Once he did, John gave him a kiss. "Enjoying the view?" He asked.

       "Yes." Paul replied, staring into the open city.

       John chuckled. "What do you want to do today?" He asked.

       "Just explore." Paul answered.

       "Sounds good." John replied. "I'm going to go take a shower."

       Paul nodded. John smiled to himself, from what her could tell, Paul was loving it here. And he was too.

Thanks for reading. -Liz :)