Chapter Twenty-Four

John sat across from Paul at a little round table in a café. Paul was sipping on a banana milkshake that John promised to buy him, with a smirk on his face.

       "So good." Paul mumbled in between sips. John just chuckled.

        "Do you want another one?" John asked.

        "No." Paul shook his head. "I want to go see the Eiffel Tower after this."

        John nodded.

        He wondered how it would be to see the Eiffel Tower. Would they get to go up inside of it? Was their an elevator? How tall was it?

       John had never been outside of England before, besides Hamburg where the band went to perform for a little while. So he was very eager to be on this trip and being able to explore. Especially to do it all with Paul. Although, he wouldn't admit it, he was bit scared of seeing the Eiffel Tower.

       Paul sipped the last of his milkshake and sighed. He picked the glass up and twirled the straw around.

        "Did you like it?" John suddenly asked.

        "What do you think?"

       "Well considering you drank it in a couple of minutes, I'm assuming so." John replied sarcastically.

      Paul nodded. "Thank you, Love." He whispered.

      "Don't thank me. Thank my Aunt. She was the one who gave me all this money. If it wasn't for her, we wouldn't be here right now."

     Paul smiled. "Well, you could've used this money on yourself. Instead you used it on me." Paul said.

      "And me." John replied.

      "Anyways," Paul said while rolling his eyes. "Are you ready to leave?"

      "Yes." And since John had already paid up front, the two men walked out the door and began their exploring.

*

        Paul walked beside John, looking at the buildings on both the left and right of him. Some were new with bright paint on them. The colors were red, green, yellow, orange, and some even a light blue and pink.

       And then there were some buildings with old and rusted paint. Some paint even peeling off. However, Paul thought they were exactly as pretty. Some even prettier than the newer ones. Just in a different way.

       I could stay here forever, thought Paul. Start a new life. With John. Paris would be the perfect place for that.

      It could never happen though. I have a life back home and so does John. With the band and everything. He thought. I would sometimes miss Liverpool.

     As John and Paul began to walk farther and farther, Paul could see the top of the Eiffel Tower over the buildings.

     He could also feel John tense up right next to him.

     "Hey." Paul whispered. "What's wrong?"

     "It's just really tall."

      Underneath their jackets, Paul slowly began to stroke John's hand. "We don't have to go up if you don't want to. We could just walk around some more."

     "No!" John interjected. "I'll be okay."

     "Okay. But if you change your mind just tell me."

      John shook his head as they began to walk up to the tower.

This is really kind of bad. I don't know what I was thinking two years ago, lol. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)