Chapter Twenty-Five

John felt the wind blow against his face as he stared out into the Paris lights. They reflected off of his eyes and bounced back onto the city. There were some white lights, and some colored, but most were a dull yellow. Like the Christmas lights seen on people's front yards.

       He waited for Paul who was getting a drink for himself. He offered to get John one, but for once in his life, John passed up the offer. He knew one drink would lead to more, and he wanted to be sober and remember this night.

       John sighed and put his elbow on the edge of the balcony. He sat his face in his hand and looked down. He had to bend down a bit, but it gave him a better view of the people below him.

      He watched the different people go by, some with shopping bags, and others without. Some with lovers, and others alone. For the ones, who were alone, John felt as if he wanted to go and talk to them. See what they were like.

      "Having fun?" John's feelings were interrupted by a voice.

      John turned around to face Paul, a drink in his hand. Paul walked over and stood right next to John, holding his hand.

       "It's beautiful isn't it?" He smiled.

       John nodded. "I love it here."

      "Then let's just stay here. For our whole vacation, I mean." Paul looked John in the eyes. "Only if you want to though."

       John smiled a genuine smile. "I'd love to."

      Paul looked down on the streets, to see what John was looking at. "There's still a lot of people out for midnight." He remarked.

     "Well it is the city that never sleeps."

     Paul laughed.

     "What?" John questioned.

     "I'm pretty sure New York is the city that never sleeps. But whatever you say, Johnny." He laughed again.

      "Whatever." John mumbled, his cheeks turning pink. "You know what I mean."

      Paul slowly stopped laughing, as he shifted his gaze upwards to the Eiffel Tower, which was a couple feet above the rest of the city. He stared at it for a few minutes as he let his thoughts devour his mind.

       "Y'know," Paul whispered after moments of silence. "I feel like this trip is really helping me get over my father." He swallowed.

        "Really?" John asked while standing up and facing Paul.

       Paul nodded. "What about you with Stu?"

       "Pretty much." There's still a little hurt there, but I'm getting over it. And eventually, I'll get over it for good."

       John just stood there and looked into Paul's eyes. Admiring them. They were a beautiful hazel color and were as big as could be. Perfect eyes to match a perfect face, John thought. I love them.

       And suddenly the city disappeared behind the two men. It was only them that mattered. Only them in the world. And then a realization dawned on John.

       I don't just love Paul's eyes, he thought. I love everything about Paul. I love the way his mouth curves when he smiles, or the way he laughs, even when he cries, everything about him is beautiful.

      I love everything about Paul. I love Paul.

      "I love you." The words came out of John's mouth so easily. "I really, really love you Paul. I do."

     "I love you too." Paul whispered with tears in his eyes.

     And then suddenly John's lips came smashing upon his, both of them wanting it more than ever.

     John ran his hands up and down Paul's shirt, still kissing him. Paul ran his hands through John's hair, making it go all over the place.

      "I love you." Paul whispered into the kiss

Thanks for reading. -Liz :)