Chapter Thirty-Two

John stood at the door, almost falling over from how drunk he he was. He put both his hands on each side of the doorway, to keep himself stable.

      He heard the bedsheets move, so he knew Paul was in here. "Macca?" He called out hoping for a reply.

     "John." Paul responded.

      Reaching out with one hand, the other still on the doorway to keep him from falling over, and turned the light switch on. The bright light hit his eyes instantly, making him squint, and Paul get out of bed.

     He walked over to John and just sighed. "Y'know John," He paused.

     John bit his lip, waiting for Paul to finish his sentence. "What?" He questioned a bit too angrily.

     "I just can't do this tonight." Paul said. "I'm tired of you coming in here and then walking right back out."

      "Well, I'm sorry." John rolled his eyes and stumbled over his words.

       "I think about you all the time, and yet you don't even seem to think about me. I lay here thinking about you and if you're safe and how I can help you. I really care, but I won't care anymore unless you let me in."

       "Look Macca," John changed the subject quickly. "I don't want to fight tonight. And I don't want to leave tonight."

      "Then what do you want to do?"

      "I just want to stay here. I want to lay with you, and have you hold me until I fall asleep." John's mind was fuzzy and he wasn't quite sure if he really wanted to stay here after all that had happened and after telling himself he couldn't get close to Paul, but his heart hurt so bad and he needed something just to help it.

      He didn't care if he regretted his decision tomorrow morning, this is what he wanted right now.

      "Fine." Paul couldn't resist. He had been trying so hard to get John to open up to him. The last time he really kissed him and held him was the night Stuart died. Paul missed John and maybe, just maybe, this night would be the time when John opened up to Paul. And everything would go back to normal.

      With hatred turning to hope in Paul, he flipped the light switch back off and slowly grabbed John's hand. He pulled him over to the bed and they both laid down.

      Paul slowly wrapped his arms around John and pulled him close. He kissed the top of his head.

      "I love you." Paul whispered into John's ear. "And I always will. No matter how many fights we get into, I'll still love you."

     "I love you too." John replied, not daring to fall asleep. He wanted to enjoy this moment for as long as possible.

     John rolled over and was now facing Paul. He looked into his beautiful hazel eyes, while Paul looked into John's. John slowly leaned in, and kissed Paul. His eyes fluttered shut, while Paul ran his hand through John's hair. They stayed like that for a long time until they needed to breath.

    When they pulled away, still being a little bit drunk, John instantly smiled. Right now, he had  enjoyed what had just happened. He rolled back over on his side, Paul still holding him. He was getting tired, but he still didn't close his eyes. He had one more thing to say.

     "This is just like the first night we kissed." John stated.

     "Oh yeah? How?" Paul teased.

     "I came into your room, drunk, and you decided to take care of me. Then we kissed." John giggled.

     "Mm, yeah, but this time I didn't run away from you screaming."

     John laughed again. "I like this ending better." He said, his laughter dying down."

     "Me too."

     John's eyes began to shut, he could no longer keep them open. But when he finally did fall asleep, Paul still held him.

     And for the first time, in a long time, both of the two men slept happily.

Thanks for reading. -Liz :)