chapter 4

L U K E 

"Amber. Why are you recording me?" I asked after posing for her camera.

 "Just letting my friends know you're not dead. Actually almost back to normal." 

"Almost back to normal huh? I can barely walk, or talk for that matter; I had a stupid TBI, I was diagnosed with fucking epilepsy, and my leg is worse than the doctors thought so I have to use a crutch for like a year and that also means no football until junior year, or ever, so no I'm not 'almost back to normal'. I would rather die." 

"You don't mean that."

"I just said it, so I'm pretty sure I do mean it."

"Glad to see you're back with the same whiny attitude"

 "Amber-" 

" I'm kidding!"

 "Hilarious, you should be a comedian."

 "Tell me about it, anyways normal is overrated. Who cares if you can barely talk or walk, you still can. Plus football will always being waiting for you, it's not going away. Colleges still scout, regardless of the amount of years of experience you have. You're leg isn't your concern however, mom is. You better start convincing her right now to let you play, but let me tell you, it will not be an easy battle. And anyone, and I mean anyone, who says stuff about your epilepsy is just jealous, that they ain't doing it like you boo, okay?"

 I gave her a look.

 "I'm serious"

"Okay" I sighed.

"Great! Okay, I have a surprise for you."

 "If it's another one of your dry jokes that no one but you like, I'm good."

She rolled her eyes before playfully pushing me over. She walked to the door and opened it to reveal nothing. 

"Am I supposed to be seeing something?" I asked.

"That's no way to say hi to some oldies" A familiar voice a rang out.

I snapped my head back to the doorway to see my whole football team coming in.

"Watson!" They all cheered before finding a seat on the floor, or fighting for the few chairs, or if they weren't treating me like glass, next to me on the bed.

We laughed and talked the whole time they visited. They caught me up on what was going on a school, and how they demolished every team they came in contact with, and I met the temporary wide-receiver who was going to be covering my spot. I knew he was going to become permanent, but I didn't need to let everyone else know until I was 100% sure.

T H I R D P E R S O N

"So, Luke, now that the craze has gone down quite a bit, would you like to enlighten your very worried fan-base on how well your recovery process is going?" Amber asked, recording Luke from a distance.

 "Well Amber thanks to you and your very detailed reports of your crush-" Luke started.

"Okay! Well, that is more than enough, thank you so much Lucas, no further questions." Amber gritted out, glaring at him.

She put down her phone. 

"I hate you"

 "Hate is overrated anyways. You know you love me, I know you care." He smiled brightly.

"You did not just quote Justin Bieber." Amber scoffed.

Tyler walked into the room, smacking on a piece of gum while texting on his phone. Amber and Luke smirked at each other, knowing what usually happens when Tyler doesn't look up when entering a room they'e both in.