chapter 25

L U K E

I woke up and all I could feel was my body is so much pain. I was sore everywhere.

Wait. How did I get here?

Last time I checked I was at school, and I know I didn't magically transport home because school absolutely sucks.

I tried to get out of bed, but my muscles screamed at me, and I let out a groan in response.

Then my mom and dad burst into my room.

"Hey baby, are you okay? How do you feel?"

I tried to speak, but my mouth was failing me, so I shrugged weakly.

Dad stepped out from beside mom and hugged me.

What is going on? Why is everybody hugging me, did something happen, who died, did I have a-

"Did I have a seizure?" I managed to stutter out.

Dad let go and looked at me with a distinct look on his face. Pity.

I sighed trying to replay the events in my head.

Mom cupped my chin and forced me to meet her gaze. "Lucas Reed Watson, I will not have you sigh in defeat. You can't help them honey, you can't. No one in their right sensible mind will judge you ever."

My throat went dry, and I clenched my eyes until I saw white and nodded my head.

"I'm-"

"Don't ever say that. You haven't got a thing in this world to be sorry for. Now would you like some lunch?"

I nodded.

"Okay."

My dad helped my downstairs and onto the coach when the doorbell rang. I nodded at dad letting him know I was okay. He left and I heard muttering and multiple sighs of relief.

I started patting down the coach in search of my phone when I found it. I turned it on and was met with a gallery of text messages from Ethan and the juniors.

Ethan:

hey you okay now??

 low-key worried bro

 do you need anything

all this worrying isn't good for my acne

wait fuck that's selfish-

just- call me when you see this

James:

Get some rest Watson and don't worry about it

Cody:

 You doing okay today?

Zach:

*meme* for when you wake up

Hannah:

 Oh my gosh are you okay Luke??

Riley:

The guys told us what happened, are you alright

Kaleigh:

Air hugs !

Beth:

eth told me what happened...

are you okay?

feel better

im coming over

feel the wrath of my hugs :(