chapter 6

L U K E

"Hey" my dad started, "why aren't you ready?"

"Why would I be?" I questioned.

"Your mom didn't tell you?"

"No... what's this about dad?"

"You'll see" Tyler stated as he snuck up behind me and put a blindfold over my eyes and proceeded to restrain my arms. 

"Tyler let go what the heck"

Ever since my coma, I've kind of been afraid of the dark, when I was in it, that's the majority of what I saw. It wasn't a cool bright light, or a mortifying waiting room. I t was basically just extreme darkness and occasionally it'd get all foggy, and there'd be a door, but its disappear before I could reach it. 

I tried to wriggle out of Tyler but he was relentless, so I just huffed and subtly slid down further into the couch.

"I swear Tyler, I'm gonna hack into your phone and leak all your pictures to mom." I threatened. 

"Easy tiger" He laughed, yanking me up from the couch.

My dad yelled at us to quit it as Tyler hastily dragged me to the car, completely ignoring my dad.

"I get it if you want to take me somewhere, but is the blindfold really necessary? Technically this could be called kidnapping." I said as I was buckled into the back seat, fidgeting with the blindfold.

To my surprise my whole family was there.

"Yeah yeah. Stop touching the blindfold!" Amber laughed, swatting at my hands.

I let out a loud groan.

 "Why" I whined.

"Honey just take it easy" My mom said.

I growled at them, and they just laughed. The car took off, and I was left mumbling and grumbling to myself, then it hit me.

"I thought I was on house arrest. I'm not supposed to leave the house, mom. If I'm being taken against my will, and your own words, I should be able to know where." I smiled.

 "Was is the key word." Amber replied shortly.

I began to get restless, I finally get to leave the house, but I can't see where we are going or get a say. I'll bet they're dragging me another doctor's appointment to tell me I'll have to go back to the hospital and do pt for the rest of my youth, I'd probably run my crutches over just to prove a point.

I was still silently fuming when the car parked, and I heard everyone's door open, then close. Was I supposed to get out too? My door suddenly opened and I froze. How am I supposed to walk without seeing?

"Way ahead of you brother" Tyler said as I felt his shove his hands under my arms and yanked me out from the car. 

"Easy" My dad scolded. 

"My bad" Tyler mumbled.

"Where are my crutches?" I asked out.

There was a silence.

"No." I said

"Luke-" Amber started.

"You already dragged me out of the house to this mystery place and now you walk me to use my wheelchair? This is not helping my legs is any way shape or form." I ranted.

"We're not making you switch completely. It's just for today, a couple of hours actually. You'll be fine." I heard my mom say.

I shook my head and let out a huff.