chapter 10

L U K E

"Hey Luke, wait up!" Amber called out from behind me.

 I looked back at her, rolling my eyes, then slowly coming to a stop. I soon heard a hoard of footsteps and turned around to see the rest of my family rushing to catch up with me.

 I completely stopped in my tracks and slowly turned around.

"What" I asked. "Why are you guys cornering me like this?"

They seemed to realize what they were doing, and shuffled back into a more disorganized form. 

I rolled my eyes, releasing a chuckle, which in turn caused my family to visibly relax.

"Okay." my dad said after a while.

 "Okay... what?" I questioned

 "Okay"

 "What the hell is okay dad, what are we doing here?" I snapped, getting impatient. 

"Sorry" I muttered.

 He raised his eyes at my sudden outburst as to ask if I'm done, but I just meekly shrugged and lowered my eyes to the floor and I let my hands fiddle with my hood strings.

I felt someone's hand lift up my chin, and I looked up to meet my mom's eyes. 

"Take a deep breath, and let the frustration out in a non violent manner." She said softly, reciting what my doctor told me on multiple occasions. 

It apparently comes with the TBI, what can I say.

I reluctantly took a deep breath, before letting my eyes scan back over to my mother's.

I raised my eyebrows to let them know I was waiting, impatiently, but waiting. 

 "Okay we came here to enroll you back in for your sophomore year, and that is what we are going to do."

 I looked at him, content then confused. "What about the rest of my freshman year" I questioned. 

"You're already enrolled are you not?" He replied.

I blinked. "You realize you very easily could've done it online.. Like you do every single year." I asked slowly.

My dad smiled at me, "I figured you would want to get out of the house, my mistake. Let's go then."

My eyes flew out of my head, "Wait! No I was just questioning, I'll shut up now sorry."

My dad threw his head back, letting himself be consumed in a laugh, before patting my shoulder, "I'm only kidding. Can we continue on now, boss?" He asked, his voice holding a teasing manner.

"It wasn't very funny." I muttered.

"I'm laughing" Amber, piped up.

I rolled my eyes, "Funny thing is, I can't remember asking you."

"Luke" Tyler laughed, "We're still waiting."

 I looked at my family's expression and saw bundles of confused, relived, and worried faces. I rolled my eyes at them for the thousandth time today. I was acting moodier than a 4 year old who just learned the word no. At this point, I'm annoying my own self.

 "Fine" I said. "Let's go." 

I let Tyler take control of my wheelchair again. 

"Wait! Wait wait wait, holy shit, sorry, but fuck I'm out of shape." I heard a voice behind me.

Ethan and Bethany came into my line of vision. Before I could even ask them where they were or came from, my mom was already wacking Ethan on the back of his head.